Subject:user stats 

jose1711

5:44
Tuesday
23-Apr-2013

Phone Model:
bb, e51

hi stephen,

i've been always wondering. how many free/premium users are there out there, am i the only tmj user in slovakia, what is the trending? do you think you could make such stats available?

thank you,

jose

ChrisM

14:06
Tuesday
23-Apr-2013

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi,

I've often thought this woudl be quite interesting. There seems to be users all round the world from messages on this forum.
I guess you have to be careful with people's personal data, but an idea of how many users there are in each country or maybe even regions of each country (eg UK counties) would be cool...

Chris.

Stephen

19:49
Friday
26-Apr-2013

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Guys,

(Sorry for the delay in responding... busy week!!)

I'd rather not give out exact figures, but the top 15 countries (as set in each users My Account/Settings screen) by number of user registrations, in descending order, are: Poland, UK, India, Indonesia, USA, Hungary, Germany, Italy, South Africa, Czech Rep, Spain, Brazil, Netherlands, Malaysia and Finland.

(Slovakia is about 30th in this list, although to be honest Jose, it looks like you're currently the only active Slovak!)

The split between free/full version is very much biased to the free version, maybe 1 in 8 active users have upgraded, unfortunately!!

Cheers!
Stephen

shchenka

7:34
Sunday
28-Apr-2013

" The split between free/full version is very much biased to the free version, maybe 1 in 8 active users have upgraded, unfortunately!!
"

That's a shame. I believe that with the shareware model most users would be thinking of upgrades in terms of buying more features, than supportin the author/developer. I guess with the freeware model (volunarily donations) the proportions would be even worse, though :(

Another way of support that I like is that of flattr.com but I guess that can only work well in a larger scale.

shchenka

7:36
Sunday
28-Apr-2013

P.S. And for an Android version ;) I would of course say play.google.com should yield much more.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)