Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Feature Request.

Subject:Feature Request. 

ChrisM

19:14
Sunday
14-Oct-2012

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi Stephen,
A simple one, I think. Please let me know if you can already do this!
How about a quick way of making the first point on the current track a way-point. I know it is fairly easy to to this manually, but a quick option off the menu would be cool.
There has been a couple of occasions where this would have been helpful. For example, (say) you wanted to find your way straight back to the carpark/start point half way through a walk.
Cheers,

Chris.

Stephen

10:55
Tuesday
16-Oct-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Chris,

I think having a fixed option to just add the 1st trackpoint as a waypoint might be a bit limiting - I can think of similar situations where you might instead want to add the 1st point of the current section (eg if you've also recorded driving to the carpark but have then started a new section when leaving the car, etc...), or even a particular point part-way along the track.

How about an option on the Visualisation page (screen [8]) that would then allow the currently selected trackpoint to be added as a waypoint... it should be quite easy/quick to scroll along the track and then quickly add the appropriate point...?

(In fact this is almost do-able already - just scroll along the track, then press [FIRE] to unlock the view, the context menu can then be used to directly add the waypoint...?)

Cheers,
Stephen

ChrisM

12:41
Tuesday
16-Oct-2012

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi Stephen,
" I think having a fixed option to just add the 1st trackpoint as a waypoint might be a bit limiting "
Hmm, yea, you are probably right about that.
" How about an option on the Visualisation page (screen [8]) that would then allow the currently selected trackpoint to be added as a waypoint... it should be quite easy/quick to scroll along the track and then quickly add the appropriate point...? "
That sounds like it would do the job, I'll have a play when I get a few minutes.
" In fact this is almost do-able already - just scroll along the track, then press [FIRE] to unlock the view, the context menu can then be used to directly add the waypoint "
Yea, this is how I was doing it, when I got to thinking about a shortcut... :o)

Thanks,

Chris.

rolfovo

21:35
Saturday
5-Jan-2013

Hello, I have an idea for one more improvements. It would be possible add to java application function which is available on the web? It's on the "Track information" as "Direct URL" and sharing options. It would be nice to have the option in the application (click on the "send a link to the current track by email / SMS / Facebook")

Stephen

21:04
Thursday
17-Jan-2013

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Rolf,

Sorry for the late reply...

Yes, this is something I had in my mind a while back and never got anywhere :-( I'll see if I can figure a way to do some of it (might just be the SMS method, you can then copy/paste the URL to other sites if necessary)...

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)