Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / search groups (search drived by a specific need)

Subject:search groups (search drived by a specific need) 

jose1711

10:23
Monday
10-Sep-2012

Phone Model:
bb, e51

hi stephen,

i wanted to suggest this a long time ago - but somehow before i put it down, it always slipped my mind. not today :-) there are situations when i'm out with tmj showing me the way and suddenly i find myself being thirsty. now how cool would it be that instead of iterating through ( < 5 km search) pub, restaurant, drinking water, supermarket i could just go search -> drink. or similarly with toilets - toilets, supermarket, gas station, pub.. displaying all these - wouldn't that be far more convenient?

i am aware this probably is not so trivial to implement - but if you could present tmj users with a configurable search groups where could define what "drink", "toilet", "food" means in terms of OSM poi i think many will find this quite useful.

thank you,

jose

Stephen

19:02
Tuesday
11-Sep-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Jose,

Yes it might be useful, I guess essentially a subset of the main waypoint types to quickly search for the nearest few "poi_types"... I'll have a think about it but I keep getting delaying finishing the next version so I'll leave it for the moment otherwise it'll delay it even further! (The next version does remember the recent searches, so that should help a little anyhow)

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)