Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Is there any way to delete a block of trackpoints ...

Subject:Is there any way to delete a block of trackpoints on the 'Data' page 

ranchodoug

0:15
Sunday
25-Mar-2012

Phone Model:
Blackberry 9930

Stephen,

I've tried to select a big block of trackpoints on the data page but either have had to download the .kml file and manually delete the points or select every check box on the data page. Is there a way to highlight a number of points then delete them?

Also, is there a way to delete a track section on the web?

I didn't see anything about using the web tools in the Support Pages.

Thanks,

Doug

Stephen

17:21
Sunday
25-Mar-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Doug,

The Track Data page is pretty crude to be honest, its only really intended for *very basic* editing, eg deleting the odd stray point, etc. To highlight many points it can be quicker to use the keyboard - click the first checkbox then use tab-space-tab-space-tab-space etc to tick subsequent ones (thats in FireFox, in Internet Explorer you need tab-tab-space-tab-tab-space-tab-tab-space). Ignore the radio buttons - these don't have any use at the moment!!

Alternatively use the 'Split into Separate Tracks' option - tick the point that you want to split on (note that it'll only do one split at a time, so don't select more than one point). You can then delete whichever half of the split you don't need.

For complex splitting/joining it can be easier to split the track into individual bits, then use the Merge Tracks option from the Track Folder list to join together the parts that you want to keep.

Hopefully at some point I'll get round to rewriting the Data page to make it more powerful and simpler to use...!

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)