Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Displaying Imported Track as Route

Subject:Displaying Imported Track as Route 

MrTom

17:57
Thursday
9-Jun-2011

Hello, Forgive my ignorance if the answer has already been posted.
This is a combination of tracks and routes in question.

First I cleared all tracks and routes from the TMJ phone app.
I uploaded a previously recorded Track file in GPX format to "My Account".
Then downloaded the file to TMJ on the phone and opened it via the Route page #3. The track is displayed correctly with distances and turn indicators on the Route page.
However the information is not being displayed on any of the other pages ie Plan,Nav,Map,Vis.. What is being displayed on the other pages is location information from the last previously recorded route.
What is the procedure to display the imported track on the additional TMJ pages?
Thanks

MrTom

18:04
Thursday
9-Jun-2011

I should have posted this is in a previous post I had made:
Tracks Importing and Exporting
http://www.trackmyjourney.co.uk/forum/10601_TRACKS-Importing_and_Exporting_as_GPx
Tom

Stephen

18:37
Thursday
9-Jun-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Tom,

Check that the Context Menu/View/Options/Route option is ticked on each view. The route is displayed as a thin red line (not the thick blue Track line that you might have been expecting). Note that when downloading the Route any timing/stats data is stripped from the original Track, so the result is simply a 'line' to guide you along...

Cheers,
Stephen

MrTom

16:57
Saturday
11-Jun-2011

As usual it was my error in not paying attention. Route and track are checked and the route was actually on the maps. Since I was not at the route location but pre-viewing it on the phone, I did not have any GPS connection. I eventually scrolled a map page display to the location of the route and it was displayed correctly on all of the various map pages.
Hopefully my error will help someone in the future.
Thanks again for the assistance..
Tom

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)