Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Polar BT heart rate transmitter

Subject:Polar BT heart rate transmitter 

Erich

22:36
Tuesday
21-Sep-2010

Hi,

I've discovered your software and was wondering, are you considering the implementation of the polar BT heart rate transmitter ?

Would be a "GREAT" addition !!

Thanks for listening.

Stephen

20:45
Wednesday
22-Sep-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Erich,

Interesting to see that the Polar HR Monitor is now available to buy separately (when the last discussion came up about this last year it was only available then as a bundle with a Nokia phone). It does however still look to be heavily tied to the SportsTracker software, so I don't know if the bluetooth interface would be available to other applications - are you aware of any other software that can communicate with it?

Although I do like the idea of having the heart rate displayed/recorded in TMJ I'm not yet sure I can justify the extra development/complexity, but will certainly consider it!!

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

13:45
Tuesday
28-Sep-2010

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi!

question: using an external BT GPS, would it be possible at all to connect the HR Monitor simulateously ... ?

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

9:56
Wednesday
29-Sep-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

Yeah, I've wondered about this too, would be a complete non-starter if it wasn't possible! I think in theory it *should* work J2ME-wise, though it might not be supported on all phones. eg: the bluetooth power-save mode on my W910 suggests that this limits the phone to a single BT connection at a time, so would need to be disabled.

I haven't tried this in practice though...

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)