Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Cannot install any of the .jar or .jad files

Subject:Cannot install any of the .jar or .jad files  

divebuddha

8:30
Thursday
8-Apr-2010

Hello everyone im currently having issues trying to install this software on my samsung sgh 5230 tocco lite and have tried every one of the instilation files but get 2 error messages 1 is not supported and the other is content mismatch ? i use bluetooth to conect to an external gps reciever if that helps too again thanks for any help

Stephen

21:08
Friday
9-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

Unfortunately I've had several reports of other Samsung phones that give similar errors, but I've not been able to test TMJ on them directly to try and find the cause. Its annoying since I would have thought most Samsung phones should be able to run TMJ quite well, but installation seems to cause a problem on many of them.

Be interested to hear if anyone else has had any success installing on similar phones...

Sorry to not offer much help! :-(

Regards,
Stephen

divebuddha

6:44
Saturday
10-Apr-2010

firstly thanks for the reply stephen

its a great shame that i cant get the application to install and maybe wondering if its worth

sending one of the files via bluetooth or perhaps and e-mail and see if i can get it to install that

way?

thanks again and best wishes

Stephen

11:48
Saturday
10-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

It might be worth copying the JAD and JAR files to the phones memory card and see if they can be installed from there instead. (Note: I have read reports that some Samsung phones block access to installing apps this way, or need an unlock code to allow this, but I don't know if that will apply to your phone too).

Download the files via your PC (log-in to the mobile download page and right-click/Save Target As... to save the JAD/JAR files).

You may then need to edit the JAD file. By default it contains an installation link to the JAR file hosted on the website, which will need to be changed to point to the local file. Open the JAD file in a text editor, eg Notepad, and look for the MIDlet-Jar-URL line, change this to remove the website path so that it just reads, eg:

MIDlet-Jar-URL: tmj-mobilev.jar

Thinking about it, whilst you're at it, you might want to try removing the hyphen (-) from the filenames, its probably a long shot, but theres a chance that maybe Samsungs are fussy about this, ie change the files to tmjmobilev.jad and tmjmobilev.jar (and also edit the MIDlet-Jar-URL name above).

Copy the two files to the memory card then browse to the JAD file in the phones file explorer and look for an install option.

Any luck?

Cheers,
Stephen

bonzab

3:53
Friday
3-Sep-2010

I have the Samsung F480 and can't install any of the files either. I have tried copying the files to the phone as well as changing the filename to remove the hyphen but it still doesn't work. I have installed other programs from jad files without a problem. Any ideas?

Stephen

20:50
Friday
3-Sep-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

Must admit I'm pretty stuck with Samsungs generally, not sure what the problem is with some of them not installing TMJ. Sorry...!! :-(

Regards,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)