Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / TMJ and Samsung SGH-U600

Subject:TMJ and Samsung SGH-U600 

mushin

7:19
Saturday
27-Jun-2009

Did anyone run TMJ on Samsung U600?
I tried to install TMJ dedicated to Nokia (s40) on my Samsung, but there was a notification about 'error in Java'.

Stephen

10:04
Saturday
27-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

I think I remember trying TMJ on a friends U600 a while ago, but with little success (I received a similar error message). However, looking in the server logs it does seem as if a couple of people have got it working - you might like to try the Generic version instead, as this doesn't include some Nokia-specific features that may not be supported on the Samsung...

Regards,
Stephen

mushin

10:33
Saturday
27-Jun-2009

Stephen, thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I've tried to run 'tmj-mobile.jad' (I guess it's the generic version) and U600 post the same message:
"Java error. Wrong argument."

I'm lucky my wife has Nokia 3110 Classic, where TMJ works fine. But still I'd prefer to use my phone.. Maybe someone who uses U600 post to this topic and share a solution of this problem.

Thanks anyway!

Stephen

10:44
Saturday
27-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Don't know if this page might have some clues...
http://frontside.be/word/installing-java-games/

mushin

11:09
Saturday
27-Jun-2009

You're right, information on this page are helpful in installing java applications on Samsung in general. The clue is to unlock java installation by entering the *#9998*4678255# code.

But I've already done this. I can install other java applications but TMJ don't want to cooperate..
I'll be trying. If I figure sth out I'll give a sign.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)