Forums / General Topics / Blackberry Uncaught Exception Error

Subject:Blackberry Uncaught Exception Error 

ALD2355

14:53
Wednesday
24-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Blackberry Bold

My Blackberry Bold has crashed with TMJ a few times this week with the error: Uncaught exception: Application tmjmobilebb8800v(182) is not responding: process terminated

Alternatively it hangs at Select Page.

Is there a simple reason for this?

Thanks

Stephen

17:07
Wednesday
24-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

Have you by any chance had the Waypoint Proximity alerts enabled? I've found this can sometimes make TMJ a bit unstable on my BB8900, have yet to get to the bottom of it but will look into it before the next release.

Incidentally, the next release will have significant improvements for the BlackBerry version as I've now had a few weeks to fully test it on my own phone. This *should* help with its stability - it very rarely crashes on me these days, but maybe I'm just lucky!!

Cheers,
Stephen

ALD2355

18:12
Wednesday
24-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Blackberry Bold

Thanks. The box was unchecked but hopefully it will settle down.

NigelF

13:09
Wednesday
15-Jul-2009

Phone Model:
BB Curve 9630

I have the same issue, it is repeatable (to a point), run the app, wait for GPS to respond and display a correct location, then select "3", app displays "No ROUTE LOADED!" and freezes. It also happens from time to time on other pages. Running V0.6.7 on BB9000 (Bold). Things were running fine, until the first crash, now its almost everytime the app is run - Any ideas ? Nigel.

Stephen

22:28
Wednesday
15-Jul-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Nigel,

Sounds odd, not quite sure why it should start doing this after a while. I've made a lot of changes in the forthcoming BB version, so I'm hoping the problem will disappear (works fine now on my BB8900, which is very similar to the Bold). Do you have many other programs running at the same time that might be using up the phones resources? Also, how long is the track that is stored in TMJ (number of Points listed on Text/TRACK page)? Does clearing the track do anything? Finally, have you enabled any of the Menu/Tools/Waypoint Tools options, as noted above?

Cheers,
Stephen

NigelF

7:08
Thursday
16-Jul-2009

Phone Model:
BB Curve 9630

Stephen,

I think you may be on to something, I cleared all the tracks, waypoints etc last night before reading your message. Clearing them all solved the crashing issue - the problem is that i don't know which specific log was doing the damage. Just to confirm I have not enabled any of the waypoint features. Thanks for a such a quick response, and looking forward to the next release.

cheers

Nigel.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)