macpanda

17:59
Wednesday
10-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Nokia N95
Sony Ericsson C905

Hi

I'm not entirely certain I fully understand how to use Routes. I have some routes in GPX format - these have either been created by TMJ as tracks, or I've drawn them using Memory maps. I also have a route stored on the web in my "Routes" folder. I can't find an option to make TMJ load the route from the web, and it wont load a GPX file as a route. The website won't export the track as an OZI file that TMJ can import.

Am I missing something blindly obvious - I just can't quite tie it together.

Thanks
Paul

Stephen

19:06
Wednesday
10-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Paul,

Have you had a look at the Routes tutorial. Its a little bit out-of-date (another thing I need to look at!!), but describes how to download a route from the website back to the phone. (Essentially use the Web/Download Route/Update Folders function to grab the current list of available routes, give it a few seconds to do this then go back to the same menu and select the Folder/Route that you want to download).

As you've found, the GPX tracks can't be directly loaded on the phone, but if you upload them to the website (using the MY ACCOUNT/UPLOAD/Track from GPX File page) and then move them into the Routes folder, they can then be downloaded on demand in future.

(Note that there is however an unfortunate bug in the current version of TMJ that stops it correctly exporting the GPX file - the latitude gets distorted. This is fixed for the next version)...

Also note that when downloading a previous track from the website to the phone not all trackpoints are maintained - the download process attempts to filter the route to less than 200 routepoints, spaced at least 100m apart, to reduce the memory needed to store the route on the phone.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Stephen

macpanda

19:15
Wednesday
10-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Nokia N95
Sony Ericsson C905

Excellent - Thanks Stephen

I presume that the GPX export issue you mentioned exists only when exporting the track to GPX? I track directly to GPX log and have not noticed this.

Thanks again
Paul

Stephen

20:05
Wednesday
10-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Good point - yes its only the File/Export Track functions that are affected - the GPX Logging uses separate code that fortunately I didn't mess up!! :-)

yano

9:54
Monday
15-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi,

actually I've exported my last trekking tracks via File/Export Track/GPX file and the coordinates are correctly preserved. Only the File/Export Track/CSV file produces a distorted latitude.

Cheers,
yano

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)