macpanda

16:28
Saturday
6-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Nokia N95
Sony Ericsson C905

Hi

I've just got myself a shiny new C905 but I still have the N95 too. Can I attach them both to my account, or would I need a separate account for this?

Also, I downloaded the Sony Ericsson internal GPS version but it gives very little feedback on the front page - it updates the coordinates only every 30 seconds or so and never changes the number of satellites - its always 0 or n/a even with a good fix. The track records fine so it's obviously getting all the info it needs from the GPS, but again if you check the GPS/WEB screen shows very little info. Are these limitations of the Sony GPS or a screen refresh thing do you think?

Paul

Stephen

23:39
Saturday
6-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Paul,

I've added a second device to your account, check the SETTINGS/Devices page...

The C905 *should* update every couple of seconds or so, though this may only be with a good signal, and may need the 'Int GPS: Basic Connection' and Int GPS: Allow Costs' options ticked. (I tested a while ago with a friend's phone, and can't remember exactly how I set it up!).

The Sats and GPS/GPGGA screen will always stay blank with the C905 (so far I've found its only Nokia's with Internal GPS that will reliably provide this extra signal info). In fact the Sats and HDOP/VDOP readouts *should* be hidden when using the internal GPS (they are really only reliable when using an external GPS which provide much more comprehensive signal data) - I'll look into this...

Cheers,
Stephen

macpanda

18:23
Sunday
7-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
Nokia N95
Sony Ericsson C905

Thanks for this Stephen.

I think the C905 may be just struggling to keep up, as if you flip it to the Analogue Clock screen, it updates the second hand every 7 or 8 seconds. The N95 does this every couple of seconds. The clock on the front screen updates quickly enough.

Never mind - the recorded track is OK (could possibly do with some filtering though).

Thanks again for your help.

Paul

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)