Subject:Waypoints names 

yano

14:43
Monday
25-May-2009

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Stephen,

here I go with a new suggestion - sorry to bother you again ...

Would it be possible to a have an option to display the Waypoint Names in addition to the Waypoint Markers in the page 3.Route (TMJ-mobile) ? Btw, this option is already foreseen in the page 6.Map

Alternatively, or in addition ;) , it would be useful to have the points names also on the web site in the Folder-Routes-Data and/or -Map along with the foreseen points numbers and coordinates.

What do you think about it?

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

18:24
Tuesday
26-May-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

" Would it be possible to a have an option to display the Waypoint Names in addition to the Waypoint Markers in the page 3.Route (TMJ-mobile) ? Btw, this option is already foreseen in the page 6.Map "

Yes, this should be fairly straightforward...

" Alternatively, or in addition ;) , it would be useful to have the points names also on the web site in the Folder-Routes-Data and/or -Map along with the foreseen points numbers and coordinates "

Is it that you're after having the waypoints displayed on the same map page as the route/track? I've had this in mind to do for a while - it should be possible in principle, though I'm not sure how well the map APIs will cope if there are a large number of waypoints... I'll experiment...

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

9:27
Wednesday
27-May-2009

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi Stephen,

thank you for carrying it out!

" Is it that you're after having the waypoints displayed on the same map page as the route/track? "

Actually what I meant is "merely" to add the names in an additional column in the Route-Data folder within the already availbale raw data table at the bottom.

As far as the Route-Map folder is concerned, well, yes, the name should be displayed in the upper diagram (not on the google map itself) along with the progressive number, coordinates, alt, etc. This might indeed overload a bit the application when you move your mouse on the lower google map.

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

9:39
Thursday
28-May-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Ah, right, I see what you mean. Unfortunately at the moment the Waypoint info is not linked with the route - when the routepoints are added from the waypoints list only the latitude/longitude/altitude data are copied over, and the waypoint name is discarded. This is because the current track/routepoint database doesn't allow for a text label for each point, though I'm thinking about adding this in the future.

Incidentally, I've just added a TOOLS link to the left-hand menu (in MY ACCOUNT), with a new page to create a route using CloudMade's routing API, based on OpenStreetMap data. (Note that the route instructions aren't yet stored - for the same reason as the waypoints above!)...

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

10:03
Thursday
28-May-2009

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Stephen,

that's exactly why I used the quotations ("") for the word "merely" !! ;))) I dunno why but when you think something is trivial, then for sure it won't be!

Thanks anyway.

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

10:43
Friday
29-May-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

I've just added a 'Show Waypoints on Map' button to the Track Map page, which overlays your waypoints onto the map. Not quite what you were after, but does a similar job...

Cheers!
Stephen

yano

12:53
Friday
29-May-2009

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your prompt reaction!

Actually it does what I was after but for the missing names: only the icons are overlaid ... Anyway, displaying the names on the page 3.Route in the TMJ-mobile will perfectly do!

Cheers,
yano

yano

10:04
Wednesday
3-Jun-2009

Phone Model:
SE K610i

javascript://pushin hover
WOW !! :)))) You made my day, Stephen!! GREAT! Thanks!

Cheers,
yano

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)