Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Some problems with SE C702

Subject:Some problems with SE C702 

amirnir2002

16:25
Thursday
2-Apr-2009

Hi,
  Thanks for your great software, I'm using TMJ on my C702 and there a few problems:

1. refresh rate of the shown data on the screen, even when the high frequency data refresh is enabled, is a little bit slow (about every 3 second).
2. It does not show the number and situation of sattelites that are using.
3. speed is not shown in the speed lower than 20 km/h
4. the accuracy is not shown.
5. everytime i run the program, phone will ask me about permissions to location service.
6. could TMJ show the time of sattlites?

regards.

Stephen

16:59
Thursday
2-Apr-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

" 1. refresh rate of the shown data on the screen, even when the high frequency data refresh is enabled, is a little bit slow (about every 3 second). "
I'm afraid this is a result of using the phones Internal GPS rather than an external device. When using the internal GPS it is up to the phone to provide TMJ with each location update - TMJ *asks* for updates once-per-second or as-frequently-as-possible, but the phone doesn't always provide this.

With an external device TMJ receives the direct stream of raw location data, which is usually once per second, but with some recent devices as much as 5 times per second. The high frequency data refresh simply controls how often the screen is updated. If the data itself hasn't changed then it won't appear much different.

" 2. It does not show the number and situation of sattelites that are using. "
Again, this is only supported by external devices.

" 3. speed is not shown in the speed lower than 20 km/h "
Thats a bit odd. Does it make any difference if you select Menu/Settings/Other Settings/Use Speed/Bearing from GPS Device?

" 4. the accuracy is not shown. "
Same as above!

" 5. everytime i run the program, phone will ask me about permissions to location service. "
In the phones Applications/TMJ-Mobile/Permissions menu does it give any option to Always Allow location services? If not, then I'm afraid you'll just have to accept this message each time. (Annoying I know!)

" 6. could TMJ show the time of sattlites? "
How do you mean? The time shown on the first Text Page (Screen [1]) is taken directly from the GPS Location update time (which should come from the satellites). Again, a bluetooth GPS will give the precise time.

Overall, I would definitely recommend a 5hz external GPS device - it makes everything run so much better! (I've actually just recently upgraded my own phone to a BlackBerry with internal GPS. Within a few minutes of using it I got fed up with the poorer signal and went back to using the external device again!)

Cheers,
Stephen

amirnir2002

18:13
Thursday
2-Apr-2009

Thanks for your Perfect reply,
Which model of BT GPS do you offer? the most powerful one.

Stephen

18:20
Thursday
2-Apr-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

No worries! I use a GlobalTop G66 touch GPS. It was only around EUR25 off eBay, so not very expensive, but I've found it generally to be very good.

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)