Forums / General Topics / Problem with Benq-Siemens EL71 mobile phone

Subject:Problem with Benq-Siemens EL71 mobile phone 

drummer

9:38
Friday
13-Feb-2009

Hi
my name is Angelo and I'm from Italy.
I've succesfully installed the TMJ software into my phone device (Benq-Siemens EL71), but it's impossible to navigate the main menu to input the device code and the password. With the keyboard's phone, I can visit the various screenshots but I can't set, for example, the program's connection with the GPS Bluetooth device.
I' have also installed the same program on the Nokia 6110 Navigator mobile phone, and using the same Bluetooth device, it works perfect .
Can you help me ? I sent a specific report for this problem into the specific site's area.
Hope to see you soon.
Best Regards
Angelo

Stephen

16:21
Friday
13-Feb-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Angelo,

I must admit I've not had much success in the past when I've tried TMJ on Benq-Siemens phones, though if it seems to install okay on the EL71 then that is a good start at least! It sounds like the keypad mappings need to be fine-tuned - I should then be able to compile a version for that handset.

You say that you can view the different screens, so do the number keys work correctly? If so, are you able to navigate the menu using the Zero key to bring up the initial menu, and then use the number keys to select each menu option? If you can then get to Menu/Settings/Define Shortcut Keys/Test Keycode and find the keycode for the following keys, I can then compile them into a new version:
Up, Down, Left, Right, Fire, Left Selection Key, Right Selection Key, Star, Hash

Thanks,
Stephen

drummer

18:23
Monday
16-Feb-2009

Hi Stephen
I confirm you that the screenshot's keyboard sequence (1 to 9, for example: 7 is speed/compass/altitude/Clock, or 9 is the Graphs page) is correct as you describe into the user guide. It's also possible to move through the various screenshots using the left-right key (position,navigation,waypoints,route,track1,track2,general,GPS/Web,and situation). My first interested screenshot is "SITUATION" that indicates speed,bearing and time. Unfortunately the Zero key doesn't work , so it's impossible to input the TMJ mobile settings (Device code and Device PW) and set the GPS connection with the external GPS Bluetooth device .
Stephen, I hope you'll be able to resolve this problem because I like very much this program applied on Benq-Siemens EL71, my favourite device.
How can I help you ?

Regards
Angelo

Stephen

19:53
Monday
16-Feb-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Angelo,

I've found a list of keycodes (here) which hopefully will work on the EL71, so I'll compile a test version and e-mail it to you off-list. However before I do that, which version did you originally install on your phone? I'll use that version as the starting point for the EL71 version (since some of the other builds might not work at all otherwise!).

Cheers,
Stephen

drummer

21:13
Monday
16-Feb-2009

Hi Stephen
I originally installed the v.0.6.6 version. This is what I read on the first program display when I start it. Is this the information you need ?

Thanks very much.

Angelo

Stephen

22:24
Monday
16-Feb-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Angelo,

Sorry, I didn't make it clear - what I'm after is the phone manufacturer/model that you selected on the download page (eg Sony Ericsson JP5, Nokia S40/S60, etc). Or alternatively if you originally downloaded the program via your PC and then transferred it to the phone, the name of that file (eg tmj-mobilese.jar, tmj-mobilen95.jar, etc).

So in effect I'll start with, for example, the Nokia version, and then just alter the key mappings to suit your phone.

Thanks,
Stephen

drummer

8:05
Tuesday
17-Feb-2009

Hi Stephen
I originally downloaded the program via my Pc and after I transferred it to my EL71 device.
Searching my mobile phone model reading the dawnloading page, I didn't found it, then I decided to download the Generic MIDP2.0/CLDC1.1 standard version named tmj-mobile.jar described down the Blackberry 8100-8707-8800 model program's versions .

Many thanks for your help.

Angelo

Stephen

0:11
Wednesday
18-Feb-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Angelo,

Yes, thats what I was after... (tmj-mobile.jar), thanks.

I've sent you the test version offlist - hopefully the Left and Right Select keys will now work (it might be that all the other keys now *don't* work, but lets take it one step at a time!!)

Let me know if you're able to access the menus, and/or any other functions...

Cheers,
Stephen

drummer

10:16
Tuesday
3-Mar-2009

Hi Stephen
I've found by the web the last updated version of EL71's firmware and I've installed it on my phone. Now the program works correct without an eccessive slowness or frequently stops.
I enjoy to control the train's speed during my trips through Italy .

Thanks for all and God Bless You.

Angelo

Stephen

12:01
Tuesday
3-Mar-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Angelo,

Thats great - glad to hear its finally running well!

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)