Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / "center on map" possible?

Subject:"center on map" possible? 

yano

14:12
Monday
2-Feb-2009

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi!

I've successfully imported into my mobile a tmj file containing the map of my next hike. Now I would like to view it in the 6. Map Page before I start the hike, i.e. being still at home, in order to check whether it is readable, correct in scale and frame etc. ...

I cannot find an option like "center on map" (independently from my current position) and/or "locate waypoint on loaded map" (within the 2. Waypoints Page). Scrolling with the arrow keys would take ages ... ;)

Did I miss something in the user guide? Otherwise it might be a suggestion for your future releases ... ;)

Thank you.

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

16:23
Monday
2-Feb-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

Yes, there are a couple of ways to do this-

- On the Waypoints page the [*] key can be used to jump to the Waypoints location on the current map. (Note that this only works if the currently loaded map covers the waypoint location, otherwise the [*] key will jump to the Plan page instead).

- If you press [6] a second time (ie, once to switch to the map page, then press it again) the map will centre on your current location. However, if your location is not within the maps coverage, then it will instead jump to the centre-point of the map, providing a quick way to 'scroll' to the map, without having to use the slow arrow keys, as you say!. (Make sure that AutoPan is NOT on when trying this - press [fire] to toggle it on/off).

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

9:01
Tuesday
3-Feb-2009

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi Stephen!

it doesn't only make sense but it even works perfectly ! ;) Thank you for your detailed clarifications!

Cheers,
yano

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)