3-Dec-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

v0.6.5 Released

CHANGES

- Can now directly add a description when adding a new Waypoint - the Name is taken from the first line of text, while the remaining lines form the Description.

- New Settings/Define Shortcut Keys menu allows up to 10 extra phone keys to be customised to specific functions. (See User Guide for details)

- Changed Auto-night colours to trigger at -4deg (from -6deg)

- Map page View/Brightness Setting, for dimming the map at night or fading it to white to make the track stand out better. (Not available on all handsets)

- Settings/Units/Secondary Coordinates option to display UK National Grid or UTM projections on the Text/POSITION page (in addition to Lat/Lng)

- Screen draw speed improvments on Plan and Graph pages when drawing large tracks (with many trackpoints)

- Graph page option to plot individual Speed/Altitude graphs (use [up]/[down] keys to select)

- Rearranged Plan/Map/Vis context menus to make the highlighted item the first option in the menu.

- New Map Location/View Coordinates option in Plan/Map/Vis context menus - displays location in different coordinate formats

- New Map Location/Websites option in Plan/Map/Vis context menus - uses location to display relevant information from other websites in phone browser, eg Panoramio - shows photos near to map location. (Let me know of other suggestions of sites that have useful information that can be retrieved by adding a location into the URL)

- Display/Higher Frequency Screen Updates - experimental option to redraw the screen 5 times per second instead of the usual 1fps. Useful when using a GPS unit that gives multiple updates per second (eg GlobalTop G66 touchGPS). Note: Battery life may be reduced when using this option!

- Further Proximity Alerting code tuning - should (hopefully) be more reliable now!

- Plan page AutoZoom tweaked to help prevent selected waypoint from being hidden by the Loc/Wpt/Rte info overlays.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Stephen

yano

13:47
Wednesday
3-Dec-2008

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hey, cool ! :)

and even before Xmas! ;))

Joking apart, thank you very much for your great job (UTM related at least) !! It is really appreciated!!

Cheers,
yano

ChrisM

14:29
Wednesday
3-Dec-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Excellent...

Some interesting changes to have a look at...
Will download it shortly and have a play!!
I'll see you in the main Forum if I have any questions!!

Cheers,

Chris.

PS. You might be a fantastic developer, but you can't spell!! (December) :o)

Stephen

15:05
Wednesday
3-Dec-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

" PS. You might be a fantastic developer, but you can't spell!! "

Just testing - gotta keep you on your toes...! ;-)

sentinal

10:22
Thursday
4-Dec-2008

Phone Model:
-

" PS. You might be a fantastic developer, but you can't spell!! "

Just testing - gotta keep you on your toes...! ;-)
- - -

Thankyou.

Albert Einstein wasn't perfect, still a genius though :-)

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/03/26/10-strange-facts-about-einstein

akaw

18:34
Thursday
4-Dec-2008

version V.0.6.5 (JP8+GPS (eg C702/W760i) ) not support internal GPS C702

Regards

Piotr

Stephen

19:04
Thursday
4-Dec-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for letting me know - looks like I uploaded the wrong version! I've (hopefully) fixed it now, so try downloading it again...

Cheers,
Stephen

akaw

20:52
Thursday
4-Dec-2008

thanks...

regards

Piotr

Hitech

18:02
Sunday
7-Dec-2008

E61/E71 JAD-link still have v0.6.4 version.

Regards,
Jamo

Stephen

10:37
Monday
8-Dec-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Jamo,

I've just checked the E61/E71 files on the site and they are definitely v0.6.5 so it might be that your phones browser has cached the older files. Look for a 'Clear Cache' option in the phone settings, or try restarting it to force it to download the latest file. Alternatively download the file via your PC and transfer it to the phone.

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)