Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / tap...tap...

Subject:tap...tap... 

ChrisM

15:46
Friday
21-Nov-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

<tap, tap>
(... is this thing working...??)

hello, hello??

:-)

Where IS everyone??

Chris.

Stephen

16:38
Friday
21-Nov-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

:-)

Yep - sorry, I am still here!! Just been trying to concentrate on finally finishing a bunch of TMJ tutorials that have been on the back-burner for weeks. A kind of 'Getting Started' guide, less intimidating than the main user guide... Then theres v0.6.5 to work on... And will shortly be adding OSM maps to the website... And more...!

ChrisM

22:46
Friday
21-Nov-2008

Phone Model:

See, I feel guilty disturbing you now, when you've been busy with all that stuff!
At least you knew I was joking though... :)

D'you think TMJ needs tutorials? I have to say I found it pretty intuitive to use, and the manual was more than enough if I got stuck with any of the more complex features... Still, I suppose a bunch of tutorials would be useful to quickly get to grips with specific tasks, like getting maps converted and onto the phone...

Looking forward to the new stuff!!

Chris.

Stephen

21:23
Sunday
23-Nov-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

" D'you think TMJ needs tutorials? I have to say I found it pretty intuitive to use... "

I figured it can't hurt to have more information for new users (or potential users) about how to use some of the main functions, a number of people have previously mentioned this off-list is the past. Anyhow I've finally finished them now (first few at least), I'll add more at a later date...

Now, time to go back to working on TMJ-Mobile...!

ChrisM

14:02
Monday
24-Nov-2008

Phone Model:

Stephen,

Like the tutorials, you're right, I think they will make getting the hang of TMJ easier...

One question, In the 'Live Tracking' tutorial, HOW did you get that view of a track in Google Earth, the one where the track looks like the Glastonbury fence across a 3D landscape...? Looks amazing, I'd love to plot some of my walks like that, but can't work out how to get that 3D view of the landscape... Is that GoogleEarth Plus or something?

Cheers,

Chris

Stephen

19:59
Monday
24-Nov-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Chris,

No, its just the standard version. If you right-click on the downloaded track in the Google Earth 'Places' toolbar (on the left), select Properties, then the Altitude tab. Make sure 'Extend path to ground' is ticked, change the Altitude drop-down to 'Relative to Ground' then drag the Ground-Space slider to the height that you want the 'fence' to be - 10m is about right.

I could make this the default view when downloading the Google KML file from TMJ, but that would mean losing all altitude data in the track, so I decided to keep it as it is...

Glad you like it anyhow!!

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)