Forums / General Topics / OGF2 and Map files

Subject:OGF2 and Map files 

JoaoAlmeida

11:34
Monday
10-Nov-2008

Hi

Thank for this application.

I have a lot of maps (1:25000 and 1:250000) calibrated for smartcompGPS, in OGF2 format and coordinates .MAP.
How can I use them with your fantastic application.

Thank you

ChrisM

14:36
Monday
10-Nov-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi, assuming your maps are in jpg or png format, you will need to use the 'map-organiser' program on this site to calibrate them...

JoaoAlmeida

15:08
Monday
10-Nov-2008

Ok.

I have the calibration file with four point, the vertices of Tranverse Mercator projection, for the WGS 84 datum.
The convert option in the menu tools of 'map-organizer' only refer top, bottom , etc. How can I do the correct conversion? What is the extension of tmj map files and where do they must be in the SD card.?

THANKS A LOT

ChrisM

15:58
Monday
10-Nov-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

I have to say that I have nothing to do with this software, other than I use it...

The guy who wrote it all will probably be along soon with a much better answer than I can give, but my understanding is this:
To use an 'external' map with this program, you MUST HAVE the map as a picture file (either JPG or PNG). If the map you have is in Mercator format, Map Organiser can convert it.
You then need to provide Map Organiser with the lat/long coordinates of the top bottom, left and right of your map file. It will then chop the map up into tiles and save them into a .TMJ file that can be used on your phone.

It doesn't matter where on your phone you save the resulting TMJ file, as you can point the application to the file when you wish to load up the map on your phone.

If the file you have is a special format, I'm not sure how you you wouldl be able to convert it... Hopefully Stephen will be able to help you more than me!

Good Luck,

Chris.

Stephen

17:02
Monday
10-Nov-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

I think Chris has pretty much covered most points...

I'm not familiar with the OGF2 format so am unable to give much advice about this specifically, so as Chris suggests you'll need to have the map in a standard image format (PNG/JPEG) to start with. The MapOrganiser and TMJ-Mobile can only deal with maps in very basic non-transverse mercator or rectangular projections (Transverse Mercator is different from the standard mercator projection used by OpenStreetMap, Google Maps, etc), so you'll probably find that the location given in TMJ-Mobile will be slightly offset, but the error might not be too bad.

The easiest way to find the lat/long of the top/bottom/right/right edges is to use Google Earth to locate each point.

Cheers,
Stephen

JoaoAlmeida

9:50
Friday
14-Nov-2008

Hi.
Each time exists more navigation softwares in mobile phones. Was an interesting chance Trackmyjourney to be able to use / read/ consult the information of the maps of these softwares. Like Garmin Mobile xt, Sygic Mcguider or Tomtom.
Trackmyjourney is the best software for Symbiam. The maps are one of its few gaps.
Continue with your Good work
By
Joao.Almeida

JoaoAlmeida

10:05
Friday
14-Nov-2008

Hi

As I already related maps in OGF2 format are easy to get and light to the application process it, and copy what the others have of better is a easy and fast way to evolve.
If Stephan could place the option of maps OGF2 format in its software (as it functions in the SmartcomGPS) the Trackmyjourney is a the LUXURY and the BEST track software of the world. I'm sure.

Thank Stephan

João.Almeida

PS. It's easy to find a torrent for smartcomGPS 1.5 cracked, but if you want order me by email.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)