Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Saving and loading of Waypoints with type info?

Subject:Saving and loading of Waypoints with type info? 

itsane

5:03
Wednesday
5-Nov-2008

Hi,

This is Aneesh from India. First of all, great piece of software - provides almost all the functionality I was looking for. Have been using it with Nokia 6110 Navigator.

I wanted to know - is there a way to save the waypoints so that when I clear them and import them again, they will have the "type" info intact. Right now when I import them, all of them become of the "Default" type.

Secondly, How do I add a description while adding a new waypoint. Right now I have to add a waypoint and then edit it to add the description.

Stephen

9:14
Wednesday
5-Nov-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Aneesh,

So long as you are exporting/importing in OZI format then the Waypoint type should now be preserved. Make sure you're running the latest version though (v0.6.4), as the Waypoint type export was only added recently.

At the moment the only way to edit the description is manually after the waypoint has been created (or via the website), since I didn't really want to add another step to the waypoint creation process. However, thinking about it, how about if when adding a new waypoint the first line of the text is taken to be the Waypoint Name and the rest is stored in the Description field? That way it won't make the process any longer if just adding a name, but gives the ability to also add the description if needed...?

Cheers,
Stephen

itsane

9:34
Wednesday
5-Nov-2008

Hi Stephen

Thanks - I just confirmed with v0.6.4 - it is indeed saving the type info. I had earlier tested it with a previous version and hence the question - many thanks for adding this functionality.

As for waypoint addition - your suggestion seems good - that way one can easily add a description without anymore steps !

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)