Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / GPS not activated

Subject:GPS not activated 

radoo

11:32
Tuesday
30-Sep-2008

Hey Stephen,
I was very busy last few weeks and did not have time for playing with my HTC TyTNII and TMJ. Yesterday I found java which runs TMJ properly, but one thing is mysterious for me. I can't connect to my GPS. Other programs (third party as well) use it with no problems, but TMJ can't use/connect/fint it even I try enter manual connection url (comm:COM4 works for me.)
Event log says only:
Starting BT;
Stopping BT;

all the time ... no other error or connection. It looks like TMJ doesn't see my internal GPS.
I use v0.6.1 with nobt, java Jbed.
GPS2Blue works well on COM4.

Do you know what else I should try?
Thanks

Rado

Stephen

16:47
Tuesday
30-Sep-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Rado,

Glad to hear you've found a bit of success with a different JVM, though I've just tried Jbed on my Dell Axim and unfortunately it doesn't appear to support Windows Mobile 2003 SE, so I'm unable to test it myself.

Are other Java apps able to use the GPS from within Jbed? Also, have you tried all the com ports that are listed in the Menu/About... screen?

I don't know how well Jbed supports com ports, so unfortunately I'm not sure what else to suggest at the moment! :-(

Regards,
Stephen

radoo

21:39
Thursday
2-Oct-2008

Hi Stephen,
thanks for advices.
First of all what seems to be problem is that in About screen in section ports is 'null'. Therefore I suppose this Jbed doesn't support ports? It's only my guess. I didn't try other java based GPS programs.
But after some research it looks like JBed doesn't support ports... It looks like I have to start over again :)
Will post new results later if I have some time.
Rado

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)