Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Web Data Problem?

Subject:Web Data Problem? 

ChrisM

19:44
Monday
29-Sep-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi Stephen,

I'm having a problem getting TMJ Mobile to connect to the web (download Waypoints etc.)
I get 'Bad Gateway' in the 'Last Web Response' and the Snt/Rcd/Fld count just shows send and failed packets, none get received.

Other web stuff seems work ok though...

Any ideas?

Regards,
Chris.

Stephen

9:35
Tuesday
30-Sep-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Chris,

Are you able to access the web with other Java programs (as opposed to the phones built-in browser)?

You might need to set the correct internet connection profile for Java to use. I'm not sure exactly where this is set on the W610 - my W800 has it as a global option in Settings/Connectivity/Settings for Java/Internet Profiles, whereas my W910 it as an individual setting in the Application manager (in the same menu as the Application Permissions settings). The correct profile will depend on your provider but might be something like 'Contract WAP' or 'PAYT WAP', etc.

And, as ever, a full phone restart might help!

Cheers,
Stephen

ChrisM

13:37
Tuesday
30-Sep-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Ok, sorted.
Don't know what the problem was, but I tried various combinations of re-starting the phone, deleting the GPRS settings/profile, re-entering the GPRS settings, getting the Virgin Mobile website to re-transmit the GPRS settings, and eventually, it just started working again for no particular reason...
Maybe it was a fault on the network and just sorted itself out??

Anyway, it works now, and I've uploaded all the 'local' speed cameras onto my phone, so I just need to go for a bit of a drive round, and see how it works!

Thanks for your suggestions on the connection thing.

Cheers,

Chris.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)