Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Which version works with HGE-100?

Subject:Which version works with HGE-100? 

minnini

10:16
Friday
18-Jul-2008

Hi, I have used GPS software with my new SE K850i and with my old SE K600i, but when I finally bought HGE-100 GPS I would like to use other software/freeware. I was totally amazed for TMJourney nice qualities, but unfortunately it won't found HGE 100, although it found BT GPS receiver.

I wonder if I have right version? I have now tmj-mobilew910.jar. I tried other versions (tmj-mobilejp8gps.jar, tmj-mobilejsr179.jar), but they did not found HGE 100 either and menus did not work properly.

Thanks,

minnini

ChrisM

15:28
Friday
18-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

See the bit in the user guide about GPS - Manual Connection URL:
" Enter Manual Connection URL: For phones with a wired GPS or built-in GPS that acts like an external wired GPS (eg many Windows Mobile devices) this option allows a manual connection URL to be entered to connect to the GPS. This should start with the text "comm:" followed by the communications serial port name to connect to, eg: comm:COM5. The port name will vary depending on the phone/GPS combination, but the available ports are listed in the Main Menu/About... screen. For Sony Ericsson users with an HGE-100 'GPS Enabler' device, the URL should be entered as "comm:AT5". "

HTH,

Chris.

Stephen

13:39
Sunday
20-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Yes, the W910 version *should* work (though I've not been able to directly test this with the HGE-100) - any luck with the comm:AT5 setting?

perrier

9:17
Sunday
3-Aug-2008

From previous experience with other programs you input:
comm:AT5;baud=9600

I'm using a W910i with the HGE-100, I haven't tested this setting with trackmy journey yet but I'm sure it will work, will let you know

perrier

12:31
Sunday
3-Aug-2008

Ok scrap the last post. Just put in:

comm:AT5

as you probably already found out. Worked instantly.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)