Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Settings

Subject:Settings 

ChrisM

15:23
Friday
11-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi Stephen,

Like the latest version. Thanks! Some nice additions, especially the Calorie counter, and the improvements to the waypoint maintenance.

One suggestion for the next version; how about a way of exporting/importing the settings to a file. Would save me having to re-customise TMJ everytime I update to a new version.

I realise that it doesn't change all that often, and it only takes a few minutes to re-configure, but it would be nice to be able to just re-load the settings into the latest version.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Chris.

Stephen

18:38
Friday
11-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Chris,

Hmmm, its been suggested before, I guess it would save a bit of time, though to be honest I'd rather put the effort into other aspects. Incidentally (and you might kick yourself now - sorry!), the latest version would probably install okay by overwriting the previous one - I've tried to improve this so that the 'Totals' figures (eg Total Distance, Total Bytes, etc) don't get reset on each upgrade.

Cheers,
Stephen

ChrisM

8:34
Monday
14-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Fair enough, it probably would be quite a bit of effort for a feature that only got used rarely.
Maybe then, you could indicate on an update when it should happily 'overwrite' a previous version, and when we should do a full 'uninstall/reinstall' ?

Thanks,

Chris.

Stephen

10:11
Monday
14-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Will do!

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)