Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / saving tracks to kml

Subject:saving tracks to kml 

kamczak

12:21
Monday
30-Jun-2008

there is an option to export the track to a kml file, however it does not work in my SE P1i. I choose "export to kml file", then i'm asked (about 5 times) whether agree to read/write data (errrghhh) while choosing appropriate folder and file name and... That's it, no confirmation "saved", no file appears.

Stephen

21:06
Monday
30-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

Is it only the KML export that doesn't work, or do none of the export functions work (eg GPX/OZI, etc)? Do you get any errors in the event log after attempting to save the track?

Its possible that the P1i might block certain folders from being written to. Try creating a new folder manually in the root of the memory card (using the phones file manager) and then try saving the track into this. Any luck?

Cheers,
Stephen

kamczak

21:51
Monday
30-Jun-2008

Hmm, there is sth what looks like an error, I'll rewrite it below. No other export works. What's peculiar, one, and only one time I succeeded in writing a route to the memory card. Now I cannot repeat it, neither to the memory card, nor to the phone's memory.

234013.111Err: java.lang.SecurityException - file:///Ms/Ms/Track.Kml @ IE; Import/Export: file:///Ms/Ms/Track.Kml
234000.342Err: java.lang.SecurityException @ FSLF;
233958.801Err: java.lang.SecurityException @ FSLF; file:///Ms/Ms/; file:///Ms/Ms/; Nand/ Ms/ ; ISO-8859-1;
233908.770Err: java.lang.NullPointerException 0 @ OLW; Trkpts:318; UTF-8 encoding on;

Esh, I hate this @#$@ security. Why company called SonyEricsson does not let me do with my phone what I'd like to? In WinXP I can turn off the antivirus software and nobody is hurt, why on a stupid mobile I cannot get rid of these "protections againts bad people"? Errrggghhh!

Stephen

9:06
Tuesday
1-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Yeah I agree it does seem a bit over-protective of SE, not giving an option to allow all access. To be fair, their recent JP8 phones (eg W910, K850, etc) do now have an option to allow all access, so at least they're on the right track!

I did just come across this via google:
http://developer.sonyericsson.com/message/108420
The last post in the thread gives a clue as to which folder does allow full read/write access.

Also, it might be worth checking the Application Permissions in the phones Application manager to check that TMJ-Mobile has both Read Access and Write Access - if you've ever accidentally answered 'no' when its asked for file access, the Write permissions might possibly get reset to 'Never Allowed', causing your problem...?

kamczak

12:48
Tuesday
1-Jul-2008

mmmm... The access is given as big as possible, for example to use bluetooth I can choose "ask once" (among other), but for writing there is only "ask always" and "don't allow".

From the developer.sonyericsson.com I understood nothing - I'm not into these midlets and it gave me no clue.

I have no idea what to do. The only possibility is to upload everything via gprs connection and manage it from pc, which is not that convenient.

Have you ever thought about moving to Symbian platform? UIQ preferably :p

kamczak

12:58
Tuesday
1-Jul-2008

wow, somehow it started working, but don't ask me why!

Maybe because P1i don't like Mondays ;)

Stephen

15:17
Wednesday
2-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Weird!! Maybe just 'one of those things'!!

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)