Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Min Speed Alert

Subject:Min Speed Alert 

ChrisM

0:12
Saturday
21-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Would it be possible(or rather straight forward - most things are possible :-) to allow user selection of volume/tone for the 'continuous' alert on minimum speed. I was thinking of using it to keep my pace up with walking (or even jogging when I'm feeling fit). Trouble is, with the current tone, it's hard to hear. I imagine if someone wanted to do a similar thing on a bike then they'd seriously struggle to hear it beeping. It'd be good if I could make it louder, or maybe select a more strident sound.
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that one. It's not a biggie as far as I'm concerned, but it would be quite helpful.

Chris.

Stephen

10:24
Sunday
29-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Chris,

Sorry about the delay - forgot to reply to this one last weekend...

I've not worked out how to control the volume of the sounds from TMJ. The sounds are stored at full volume in a MIDI file (which is far more compact than an MP3 file), but Java doesn't seem to allow control of the volume when the file is played. You should be able to use the phones built-in volume controls to turn it up a bit, though this will probably also affect your ring-tone volume as well. Strangely, on some phones (eg Nokia N95) the sounds come out really loud (almost ear-piercingly!) - makes it a bit difficult to find a happy medium!

Cheers,
Stephen

ChrisM

8:17
Monday
30-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Fair enough,

Not a big deal anyway... :-)

Cheers,

Chris.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)