Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Is there a version that will work with AT&T Blackj...

Subject:Is there a version that will work with AT&T Blackjack II? 

watchmyrace

20:07
Monday
16-Jun-2008

device runs WM 5, has integrated GPS.

Tried the generic integrated GPS sware download, app showed on my device, but when I open it nothing happens, doesn't show any menus.

Or any hints as to something else I need to do on install?

ChrisM

21:36
Monday
16-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

Hi,

Does anything at all happen when you try to run it?
As far as I know, TMJ is only designed to run on Java based mobile devices, not Windows Mobile ones.
Not sure if you can get a emulator that will let you run Java applications, but even then, it might not work...
I'm only guessing here, mind. Hopefully you'll get a definitive answer soon.

Cheers,

Chris.

Stephen

22:05
Monday
16-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

As long as the manufacturer has included a Java virtual machine in its Windows Mobile implemenation (as I think Samsung have done in the I617 / AT&T BlackJackII) then it *should* work in theory, though I've not been able to test TMJ on many WM devices so it might be a bit hit-or-miss. (Incidentally it works okay on my 4-year old Dell Axim WM2003 PDA).

Try the 'Generic Without JSR-82 Bluetooth API' version from the download page (the version that you've tried needs features that probably aren't supported by the I617). Hopefully it will then start properly and you should be able to connect to the internal GPS using the Menu/GPS/Enter Manual Connection URL function (see the User Guide for more info).

Any luck?

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)