Wednesday
21-May-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

v0.5.9 Released

This is essentially an interim bug-fix version, which also adds support for more devices.

Changes

- Added BlackBerry APN Username and Password options in Settings Screen (only available on BB phones)

- NMEA Log now includes the whole sentence, including the 'checksum' (fixes incompatibilities with some NMEA file readers)

- Added a few extra Waypoint types

- Fixed the Latitude/Longitude display format bug (D M S, D M.MMM, D.DDDD etc)
- Fixed the 'Enable Upload at Start' bug

- Hopefully fixed the 'NullPointerException' bug when exiting the program.

- Changed background on Gauges page to permanently black/grey.

- 'Alternate Map Loading Method' added in Settings screen. Some phones seem to be particularly slow in reading map files stored from the phones memory card. This option uses an alternative read method which may improve the reading time on some phones.

- Start Slideshow' option added in Display menu. This automatically cycles the current page between the Text, Plan, Navigation, Gauges and Graph pages every 7 seconds or so. Useful if the phone is mounted 'hands-free' on a bike's handlebars, for example.

- 'Enter Manual Connection URL' added in GPS menu: Some devices that have a built-in or wired GPS device require it to be accessed via a 'Communications/Serial Port' type connection, which is defined by a port name. This should start with the letters comm: followed by the COM port name, eg: comm:COM5. The exact COM port name will vary depending on device, but the Main Menu/About... option now includes a list of the available ports, so by trying each in turn it should become apparant which is the correct one. NOTE: Users of the Sony Ericsson HGE-100 'GPS Enabler' should use comm:AT5 as this option.

- plus other smaller bug-fixes/changes which I've forgotton about!

Cheers!
Stephen

boloek

12:51
Thursday
22-May-2008

'Alternate Map Loading Method' works fine on SE P1i. previously I've been able to see only small maps (nasa-bmgreen1280.tmj for example). now it takes 1 or 2 seconds to see tiles on screen. thanks for your work!

ChrisM

15:43
Friday
23-May-2008

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

What's the best way to install the update without losing my routes and waypoints etc. or should I just delete the old version, install the new one and re-download everything from the website?

Thanks,

Chris.

Stephen

21:11
Friday
23-May-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Chris,

Contrary to what I've said on the download page, you *should* be okay to just install this over the top of the old version. (Thats not a guarantee though - its always best to start afresh!) Best bet is to use the Web/Update Waypoints function to synchronise your waypoints with the website, save the route to the memory card and then delete and reinstall.

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)