22:46
Saturday
15-Mar-2008

I can't find [Left] and [Right] key on my SE w950i

TDHster

6:22
Sunday
16-Mar-2008

I suppose that on W850i__UG_AddOn_R1a_EN_12.pdf it konw as selection key on phone overview page.

zeleznikm

9:21
Sunday
16-Mar-2008

I think my SE 950i, don't have [Left] and [Right] key, just [Up] & [Down] key (jog dial)

Stephen

21:45
Sunday
16-Mar-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

Which version of TMJ-Mobile did you select from the download page? Try the W960 version, this includes support for the touchscreen (details in this thread). I'm not sure whether this will work on the W950, but I may be able to compile a separate version if necessary...

Regards,
Stephen

zeleznikm

10:02
Tuesday
18-Mar-2008

Hi Stephen,

I don't remember which version I was installed first, but I think it was W9600. I was deinstall TMJ and install W9600 version again. I put a little bit more attention on touching screen now. YES it WORKS!
My map is showing slow (296 KB of size), so i didnt't noticed moving maps. How to increase speed of showing maps?

zeleznikm

10:47
Tuesday
18-Mar-2008

... and after several minutes show me (at map page) PROGRAM PAUSED!

Stephen

21:13
Tuesday
18-Mar-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Which maps are you using - one downloaded from the Maps page or one that you've created yourself using the Map Organiser? If you've created it yourself what 'tile size' settings did you use?

Is it still slow if you use the 'World - Simple' map from the Maps page?

zeleznikm

9:46
Wednesday
19-Mar-2008

I created custom-made maps with title size-default (320x320). They are loading very slow sometimes neither not load. After some minutes-PROGRAM PAUSED!
I have also tried with 'World - Simple' map. The map is loaded normal, but after some minutes also- PROGRAM PAUSED!

Stephen

18:44
Thursday
20-Mar-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

I'm not quite sure why you're getting this behaviour - the Program Paused message is not coming from TMJ-Mobile so it might be that the phone itself is struggling for memory or resources or something and is pausing the program to allow it to 'catch up' perhaps? Yet the W950 is a high-spec phone so I don't know why it should have problems - TMJ-Mobile works perfectly well on much lesser Sony Ericsson models, so I'd have thought it should work fine on yours!?

A few things to try:

- Do a full restart of the phone (turn it off and remove the battery for a few seconds). It might be that other software is running on it which is interfering with TMJ-Mobile

- Where is your map file stored, in the internal memory or on the memory card? Try moving it to the other location and see if this makes any difference.

- After you load a map file monitor the phones memory usage on the 'GENERAL' Text page or via the Display/Show Debug Info option. Note the Total Memory, Memory Used and Memory Free items - how much variation is there in the Memory Used value (it is constantly changing but keeps increasing until it gets near the Total Memory amount, then drops back to a lower figure - try and note what this lower figure is roughly)?

Is it only the maps page that makes it go weird - if you dont use the maps does it otherwise seem to work fine?

Regards,
Stephen

maxou4807

6:23
Tuesday
22-Apr-2008

Hello,
For me it is the GPS program most succeed and the most complete.
I have some problem on my Sony Ericsson P9901i the button fire of the joypad does not work. ( [Left] [Right] [up] [down] key is OK for me)
I am obliged to select menu with the number of the menu

Maps are really very very long to display > 1min to see more.

Problem with midlet to read or write on the phone in a folder. (The phone ask me every time I write in folder)

Some remarks: display(posting) of coordinates in UTM WGS84

Stephen

18:09
Tuesday
22-Apr-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

" I have some problem on my Sony Ericsson P9901i the button fire of the joypad does not work. ( [Left] [Right] [up] [down] key is OK for me). I am obliged to select menu with the number of the menu "

I assume you meant P990i !? Which version did you select from the download page? I've just tried running the program in the SE P990i emulator and weirdly the [fire] button does seem to work okay, but the [Select1] key is on the right side of the keyboard (on all other Sony Ericssons I've tried it is on the left), and the left-hand Select key (which I guess should be [Select2]) doesn't work at all. Strange!
This might be a bug in the Emulator, perhaps you could try it on the phone itself to confirm. If you enable the Debug Info (Main Menu/Display/Show Debug Info) could you note what KeyCode (KC) is listed for the particular keys that you need to use (press each key in turn and note what is listed under KC). I can then compile a version specifically for the P990. This is the current mapping (for the default Sony Ericsson version):

ZERO: 48, ONE: 49, TWO: 50, THREE: 51, FOUR: 52, FIVE: 53, SIX: 54, SEVEN: 55, EIGHT: 56, NINE: 57, STAR: 42, HASH: 35, UP: -1, DOWN: -2, LEFT: -3, RIGHT: -4, FIRE: -5, SELECT1: -6, SELECT2: -7, BACK: -8, CLEAR: -8

" Maps are really very very long to display > 1min to see more. "
Unfortunately this is dependent on the speed of phone, theres nothing I can do about this. Some Sony Ericssons seem better than others - my W910i is pretty fast, my old W800i is reasonable, though a friends K800i is a little slower...

" Problem with midlet to read or write on the phone in a folder. (The phone ask me every time I write in folder) "
In the phones Application menu make sure you select 'Ask Once' or 'Never Ask' (if available) for the Read/Write settings. Because the program isn't digitally signed you may still get a few prompts each time the file is requested. (Sony Ericsson have finally added an option into the W910i to stop the prompts completely)

" Some remarks: display(posting) of coordinates in UTM WGS84 "
Its on my to-do list but I don't know when I'll get round to it - the Maths conversion is pretty horrible, not sure if my brain can handle it!! ;-)

Regards,
Stephen

maxou4807

14:09
Wednesday
23-Apr-2008

Yes it's a SE P990I Phone
I installed the Jad version for K800

I confirms that the [Select2] left-hand Select key is OK , its replaces the button Fire but after it's exit from the menu. (I confirm that the [fire] key not work on my P990i)

" If you enable the Debug Info (Main Menu/Display/Show Debug Info) could you note what KeyCode (KC) is listed for the particular keys that you need to use (press each key in turn and note what is listed under KC). "
In debug menu I have the next KC code:
UP: -1
DOWN: -2
LEFT: -3
RIGHT: -4
FIRE: -5
SELECT1: -6
SELECT2: -7
BACK: -11
CLEAR: -8

Best regard

Stephen

9:07
Thursday
24-Apr-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Now I'm confused! ;-)

So the Fire button does definitely generate the -5 keycode? If it does, then I'm really confused as to why it doesn't appear to have any other effect in the program - for instance on the Plan page (press 4) does it toggle the Autopan lock on/off (a small dot should appear in the bottom left of the screen).

Other than the BACK key all the other keys are the same. Incidentally the Back and Clear keys are identical in their function, so you should be able to use the clear key instead.

Could you possibly try the W800 version (this uses a slightly different method to work out the key mappings), and also the W960 version (might allow the touchscreen to be used when the phone is opened).

Cheers

maxou4807

8:00
Friday
25-Apr-2008

I downloaded Jad W960. It works correctly. The fire touch is OK
In tactile mode it it also works. OK

On the other hand as usual the option display map is extremely long.
Of any facon P990i is not a fast telephone.

Thank you for your assistant

Stephen

11:04
Saturday
26-Apr-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

No problem, good to hear that the W960 version worked!

Regarding the maps, if you are creating these yourself there are a few things that can reduce the size of the .tmj map file (the smaller the file the faster the map loading should be):

- Only choose a small map area or scale, or else split the map into separate files.

- In the Map Organiser dont use the 'Automatic Image Resizing' option, but do the resizing manually - IrfanView is great for this.

- If resizing PNG files, reduce the number of colours used (OSM maps can generally drop to around 64 colours without losing much detail). Don't use colour 'dithering' (this takes more memory).

- If resizing JPEG files, increase the JPEG compression (loses more detail, but this might not be too noticeable on a mobile screen).

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)