Forums / General Topics / Using calibrated maps in TMJ

Subject:Using calibrated maps in TMJ 

robic

10:58
Friday
29-Feb-2008

Hi Stephen,

your program is really outstanding!

Is it possible to use precalibrated maps for OziExplorer which contains 2 files ( .png -picture and .map -calibration data) in MapOrganizer or is any other way to use this maps in TMJ?

Keep up with your great work!

Regards,

Robic

Stephen

11:49
Friday
29-Feb-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Robic,

Glad you like it!

Unfortunately there is currently no easy way to use OZI maps in TMJ-Mobile - the various coordinate systems that OziExplorer can handle would be too complex for a mobile, so it would need a PC-based conversion utility to do this. Its something that I'd like to look into at some point, though for the moment I'm concentrating on other features, so it won't be for some time I'm afraid! :-(

Regards,
Stephen

johanande

11:30
Thursday
5-Jun-2008

Hi,

Aren't TMJ using WGS84 maps? If so would it be possible to create a function for exporting png and map files that are already in WGS84 format?

Btw, nice app.

Regards Johan

Stephen

15:11
Thursday
5-Jun-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Johan,

Yes, TMJ-Mobile can only work with maps with WGS84 coordinates, however they also need to be in a 'Rectangular' projection, which most maps in OziExplorer (probably) won't be. Eg, you could have a map that has WGS84 coordinates, but be in a Mercator or other projection, so this wouldn't work.

If you do have maps in OziExplorer that are Rectangular and WGS84 then they should be able to be converted with the MapOrganiser without the need to use the .map file anyhow (you just need to know the top, bottom, left and right coordinates).

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)