Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / N95- how to start track function

Subject:N95- how to start track function 

boyan64

8:11
Tuesday
12-Feb-2008

Hello all,
I am just playing with my new N95 and your app. I don't understand quite how this app works, because I can't find how to start track function.

I think that track function must works immediately when you start walking or driving. When you come to finish you can convert track to route and you can upload to server and see where you have been. Is this correct?

Only what working is position.

Sorry for my English,
Boyan

TDHster

8:28
Tuesday
12-Feb-2008

Track start automatically.

boyan64

8:35
Tuesday
12-Feb-2008

thanks for answ.

On my N95 track not start , so my question in this forum.

Stephen

10:38
Tuesday
12-Feb-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Boyan,

I've just tried running TMJ-Mobile on the N95 emulator and there is something weird going on that is preventing it from storing the track, as you've found. I'm looking into it, will post again here later...

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen

21:09
Tuesday
12-Feb-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Boyan,

Ok, I hope I've fixed the N95 bug now - I've re-uploaded the new JAD/JAR files so you'll need to download and install the software again (I've not changed the version number though so its still listed as v0.5.8).

Could you confirm whether you now get a proper track recorded...

Thanks,
Stephen

(NOTE: I've also fixed another bug which may would affect other phones with an Internal GPS - BlackBerrys in particular - others might like to reinstall as well)

boyan64

7:50
Wednesday
13-Feb-2008

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for fix. I've tested this version and it WORKS. I didn't have much time so I've walked about 500m.

When I will have more time I will tested more.

Best regards, Boyan from Slovenia.

boyan64

8:26
Thursday
14-Feb-2008

I found few new bugs ( I think) . I made a track ( 4,15km with car) with 24points. All OK. Then I use tool "Convert Track to Route. When I look at route I can see Route length 4.05 km ( not 4.15) and only 22 points.

Then I clear this route but I still can see route length on the screeen. I can't clear that , except I exit app.

Please tell me how works this option route.
When I made some walk route ( for example 2km). I start at point A and I also start track. When I finished on end point B, I want to go back on the same way ( route).
I think I must convert track to route and then...?

I try this way. I klick on number 3 and to menu button, and "reverse entire route" . Is this OK?

I must try more.
Sorry for my english.

Stephen

10:28
Thursday
14-Feb-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Boyan,

" I found few new bugs ( I think) . I made a track ( 4,15km with car) with 24points. All OK. Then I use tool "Convert Track to Route. When I look at route I can see Route length 4.05 km ( not 4.15) and only 22 points. "

The 'Convert Track to Route' function doesn't necessarily create a new routepoint for every trackpoint, it just tries to pick out enough trackpoints to be able to roughly approximate the track. A track could potentially have 100s or even 1000s of points that may each be only a few metres apart, whereas for a route you only really need to have points that are spaced every 50 metres or more (for motorway driving even routepoint spacing of 1km could be sufficient).

" Then I clear this route but I still can see route length on the screeen. I can't clear that , except I exit app. "

Hmmm, I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not. After you cleared the route was it still being displayed in red or blue? (If its blue then this is just the underlying track - you'll need to clear this separately). If red, then it might be a bug, can you confirm that it always does this. After restarting is it still visible?

" Please tell me how works this option route.
When I made some walk route ( for example 2km). I start at point A and I also start track. When I finished on end point B, I want to go back on the same way ( route). "

Think of a route as simply a number of individual waypoints that you are trying to reach, one after the other. When the currently selected routepoint has been reached the next one in the sequence will be selected and so on. Use the [fire] key on the Route page to select the starting routepoint, or press 3 a second time to quickly selected the nearest routepoint to your current location. When a routepoint is selected then the route becomes 'active'.

" I think I must convert track to route and then...? I try this way. I klick on number 3 and to menu button, and "reverse entire route" . Is this OK? "

Yes thats right. Don't forget to then make the route active by selecting the first routepoint or pressing 3 again.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Stephen

boyan64

11:07
Thursday
14-Feb-2008

" Hmmm, I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not. After you cleared the route was it still being displayed in red or blue? (If its blue then this is just the underlying track - you'll need to clear this separately). If red, then it might be a bug, can you confirm that it always does this. After restarting is it still visible? "

Kilometers are still in red color.

If I close app. and start it again - route informations are all zero. Kilometers are OK ( 0km).

Thanks for other explanations.
Regards, Boyan

Stephen

13:06
Thursday
14-Feb-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Thanks, will fix this in the next release...

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)