Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / SE K750i certificate problem

Subject:SE K750i certificate problem 

bodlaytm

21:17
Thursday
10-Jan-2008

Hello to all,

I got a simple question which is hard to answer :)

How to persuade a phone not to constantly asking me to allow user data reading and writing access?
In the permissions settings of the trackmyjourney app the option to allow user data access without asking is missing.

Any help would be apreciated, thx,

Bodlay

TDHster

7:40
Friday
11-Jan-2008

For this models exist patches what remove this ask from firmware. Search on sonysericsson forums.

Stephen

10:28
Friday
11-Jan-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Bodlay,

Unfortunately there's no easy way to stop the file access prompts without updating the firmware of the phone as TDHster suggests (I've not tried this myself though). I originally developed TMJ-Mobile on the W800i (almost identical to the K750i) so I know how annoying the prompts can be!

In the Settings menu you can try turning on the Map Cache option. This keeps a store of the most frequently used map tiles in the phones memory, so once a tile has initially been loaded, the prompts shouldn't appear again for that tile for a while.

Incidentally, more recent Sony Ericsson handsets (I'm using a W910i myself) now allow the prompts to be turned off completely (or at least only display once), which is a useful feature.

Regards,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)