Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / 0.5.6 generic available ?

Subject:0.5.6 generic available ? 

wojsyl

9:28
Monday
10-Dec-2007

Hi,

I've tried to download the "Generic MIDP2.0/CLDC1.1" version of TMJ-M but it reports as 0.5.4 not 0.5.6. Is this correct ?

Also, which version would you recommend for Samsung SGH-Z370 ? Maybe I should be trying one of the SE versions
but which one ?

Thanks,

--w

Stephen

10:40
Monday
10-Dec-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi wojsyl,

Thanks for pointing this out - I must have forgotton to upload the generic version! I've fixed it now...

I've not had much luck on the one Samsung phone that I've tried (the SGH-U700 ), but I'd suggest you firstly try the updated 0.5.6 Generic version, and if that doesnt work then try the basic W800 Sony Ericsson version. I'd be interested to hear if you have any success!

Regards,
Stephen

wojsyl

9:17
Monday
31-Dec-2007

Here is the report. The Samsung SGH-Z370 installs and runs both Generic and W800 versions without problems (jar, as it did not like to load the JADs). However it cannot find the GPS device then - when I'm trying to connect it stays forever in the "searching" mode. It does not seem to time out. The HOLUX-1000 GPS is visible to the phone over BT (as a serial port) at the same time, but the TMJ-mobile does not see/recognize it. Pity as this is a very handy mobile.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)