Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Safari on a Mac

Subject:Safari on a Mac 

dmacd

19:40
Sunday
9-Sep-2007

When using the Safari browser on a Mac tracks don't seem to be displaying on the maps.

Stephen

14:02
Tuesday
11-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi dmacd

Thanks for pointing this out - I don't have access to a Mac, but I've just tried the Windows version of Safari and that doesnt work either! I'll look into it...

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen

20:17
Friday
14-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

I've made a bit of progress with this - the Live page now seems to be okay on the Windows version so will hopefully work on the Mac version too. However there are still a few problems on the track page when displaying very long tracks, and also when using the Microsoft Live maps. I've noticed that the usual Microsoft maps site (http://local.live.com) works differently in Safari so this could be part of the problem - could it be that Microsoft don't want to support an Apple product??!!

dmacd

13:33
Tuesday
18-Sep-2007

Now works great in Safari on a Mac. You are probably right about Microsoft not wanting to support the Mac. The Microsoft maps don't work but I have noticed other Microsoft online content that won't work on a Mac or under Firefox (on any platform) for that matter. They seem to tailor their software for an Internet Explorer/Windows environment only.

But the maps with tracks now look great using Google Maps.

Thanks Stephen.

David

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)