Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / v0.5.4

Subject:v0.5.4 

TDHster

10:22
Monday
3-Sep-2007

Thanks for new release. It is include more usefull functions that we suggest!
And I unexpectedly find recalibrating tool. Thanks!

Some queston: what doing menu item in setting: Speed filter ? I cann't find description in guide.

TDHster

10:23
Monday
3-Sep-2007

And about website. Exist any way that allow me to change my email address in profile?

Stephen

10:45
Monday
3-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi TDHster,

The speed filter is actually little used now which is why its not documented - I'll probably remove it from a future version.

It roughly defines the number of points that are averaged together to calculate the current speed. A smaller value will use fewer points and will give a more 'up-to-date' speed reading, but will tend to fluctuate a lot more, particularly when travelling very slowly. A larger value will give a smoother reading but will be slower to update. Note that this has no effect if the 'Use Speed/Bearing from GPS' is selected. Also, it only affects the live speed readouts - the track section speeds (max speed, average speed, etc) are calculated directly from the individual trackpoint coordinates.

Cheers,
Stephen

ps: Contact me off-list with your new e-mail address and I'll change it on your account...

markpenders

20:18
Monday
3-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Stephen,

my compliments with this new version. A number of very useful additions. And also for me an extra bonus: the BB8800 version works on my 8707v as well! Installation should be done via the .jar file, otherwise an error occurs. Very cool!!

Cheers,

Mark.

Stephen

8:57
Tuesday
4-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Cheers Mark - glad to hear its worked on the 8707!

markpenders

17:33
Tuesday
4-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Stephen,

TMJ Mobile on the BB works fine. A few things I can't get to work:

- in the waypoint list ("2"-screen) I can highlight a certain waypoint, but don't know how to select it to use it for navigation

- in the map-screen ("4" screen), I can't find the keystroke that centers the screen around the current location. It always centers around the entire track and although I can use the Alt-key and the scrollwheel to move the screen around, the original option is much handier.

Cheers,

Mark.

Stephen

18:46
Tuesday
4-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Mark,

It sounds like the [FIRE] key isn't mapped properly - on the 8800 this is mapped to pressing the trackball, but I guess your handset doesn't have this. I've tried to run TMJ-Mobile on the BB8707 simulator to map a different key but for some reason it wont run on the simulator - looks like you're pretty fortunate that it works on the actual device!!

If you'd prefer to map the functions to different keys I can make a specific build for the 8707, but I firstly need you to let me know which keycodes map to the keys that you want to use (since I cant do this via the simulator!). The keycodes are different on each device, and are shown on the Menu/Display/Show Debug Info screen - the line beginning 'KC:' is what you need to look for. You'll see that each key you press gives a different code, sometime positive, sometimes negative. Press a few keys and decide which ones you want to use. The current mappings for the 8800 are:

ZERO 48
ONE 119
TWO 101
THREEE 114
FOUR 115
FIVE 100
SIX 102
SEVEN 122
EIGHT 120
NINE 99
STAR 97
HASH 113
UP 1
DOWN 6
LEFT 2
RIGHT 5
FIRE -8
SELECT1 112
SELECT2 8
BACK 10
CLEAR 111 <= This isn't used much

Let me know the new codes for any keys you'd like to change, in particular the [FIRE] key. Note that you should only choose keys which don't have any other special use on the BlackBerry (eg on the 8800 theres a Menu key which always brings up a menu, and cannot be controlled by TMJ-Mobile).

Incidentally, on the Map page are you able to scroll left/right - the 8707 doesn't appear to have a 4-way joystick!?

Cheers,
Stephen

TDHster

7:39
Wednesday
5-Sep-2007

About speed filter. You suppose to ajust it automatically in programm? Or maybe leave this function?

Stephen

10:58
Wednesday
5-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Yes, I'm planning to change it so that it automatically adjusts its accuracy based on the GPS signal strength and current speed, etc.

For the current version its probably best left somewhere just under halfway...

markpenders

8:04
Saturday
8-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Stephen,

thanks for your feedback and willingness to build a specia 8707 build. The 8707 doesn't have a trackball, but instead a trackwheel that can be pushed. When I press it, a "Close application" menu appears. I'll have a look at the keycodes as you mentioned and will let you know.

Cheers,

Mark.

markpenders

8:13
Saturday
8-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Stephen,

I can't get TMJ-mobile to display the keycode of the pressed trackwheel, as a non-TMJ message ("Close") appears, which is not registered by TMJ. Is there another way how to investigate this?

Mark.

markpenders

8:15
Saturday
8-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

You could use the "space" button for this, keycode 32.

Mark.

Stephen

18:32
Sunday
9-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Mark,

Sounds like the trackwheel does the same job as the 8800s MENU button. Unfortunately because TMJ-Mobile displays its own menus (rather than using the phones built-in menu handler) I can't make use of this key. I've now added an 8707 version on the download page, using the space bar for the Fire key as suggested - hope this works better!

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)