Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / More New Phones

Subject:More New Phones 

psjtrack

10:31
Saturday
1-Sep-2007

Stephen

v5.2 looks very good, need to get my head around the maps issue as you seemed to have changed this a great deal.

Talking of new phones, is support for XDA Orbit ever likely (another phones with built it GPS), this phone is windows mobile based. Or might it work with blackberry or Nokia versions, not sure what OS they use.

Keep up the always excellent work.

Regards

Pete

Stephen

21:20
Saturday
1-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Pete,

Unfortunately I've barely been able to test Windows Mobile phones with TMJ-Mobile - I've only been able to try it on one so far (an MDA Vario) without much success. It might be because Windows Mobile doesn't come with a Java Virtual Machine by default - I guess Microsoft are in direct competition with their own .NET stuff, so phones that do run Java only have it as a 'bolt-on' provided by the manufacturer...

I've recently released interim versions for the Nokia N95 and BlackBerry 8800. The BB version has a few slight issues (mainly to do with it having a non-mobile style keypad) but otherwise seems to work fairly well. See my post in the Annoucements Forum for more info...

Regards,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)