Subject:some suggestions for enhancements 

markpenders

21:06
Friday
17-Aug-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Hi Stephen,

I've been using TMJ Mobile quite frequently the last days. A couple of things that could be improved (imho):

- TMJm asks whether bluetooth should be switched on. Can you have TMJm also ask for bluetooth to be switched off once you exit the program?

- every now and then I wish there was a "clear all" option in the "Clear" menu.

- If TMJm has collected quite a lot of data and you restart the application, it takes quite a while before the track is loaded and processed. A suggestion is to ask if the "historic data" must be loaded, or that TMJm should start clean, i.e. without any history.

Apart from these suggestions: TMJ(m) is a cool app!

Mark.

Stephen

10:52
Sunday
19-Aug-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Mark,

" TMJm asks whether bluetooth should be switched on. Can you have TMJm also ask for bluetooth to be switched off once you exit the program? "
Unfortunately this is not something that TMJ-Mobile has any control over. Actually I'm surprised that it even asks whether bluetooth should be turned on in the first place - this must be the phone itself realising that TMJ-Mobile needs to use bluetooth. I guess if it was really clever it should also realise once you exit the program that it can turn bluetooth off again!

" Every now and then I wish there was a "clear all" option in the "Clear" menu. "
I could add this but what should it clear? Just the track and route? I think its probably best for it not to clear the waypoints since these are generally more permanent. And if it only clears the two items is it really needed...?

" If TMJm has collected quite a lot of data and you restart the application, it takes quite a while before the track is loaded and processed. A suggestion is to ask if the "historic data" must be loaded, or that TMJm should start clean, i.e. without any history. "
How about a shortcut key to bypass this, for example if you press the Star key on the splash screen it will then skip loading the track and route...

Cheers,
Stephen

gpsnone

16:56
Monday
20-Aug-2007

Hi Stehpen,

i have 5 pages of waypoints under the "WAYPOINTS" link on the website and I really wish there was a button to delete them all. I gave up deleting them one by one after a while :)

Regards,

gpsnone

Stephen

11:58
Tuesday
21-Aug-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi gpsnone,

Yes, this is on my 'to-do' list - I'm planning to completely redo the waypoints page at some point...

Cheers,
Stephen

(If you'd like me to delete all your waypoints in one go, let me know)

gpsnone

19:05
Tuesday
21-Aug-2007

Hi Stephen,

that would be nice.

Regards,

gpsnone

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)