Forum: Announcements

Forums / Announcements / Update - 14 August 2007 - Maps!

Subject:Update - 14 August 2007 - Maps! 

Stephen

19:44
Tuesday
14-Aug-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

I have been working on extending the Map Organiser utility to automate the extraction of maps from the OpenStreetMap project (at http://openstreetmap.org/). Although the organiser itself is not yet ready for release, I've uploaded a number of maps to the website that I have converted with it. Click the TMJ-MOBILE link above then the MAPS link to view them.

The maps currently available are: Europe, British Isles, London & M25, Central London, Central Berlin, Oslo, Amsterdam and Helsinki. Until I release the updated utility, if there are any further places that anyone desperately needs let me know (but check first on OpenStreetMap whether the area is covered by sufficient detail).

Bunjoy

21:10
Friday
30-Nov-2007

Hello Stephen;
I have just used this wonderful program and it's great and I love it.....But I only need one thing from you I tried making a Dublin, Ireland map thru the map merger, organizer, and the converter which won't run ( it say's the destination file cannot be created). Please help me, can you make one for me, the Dublin, Ireland Map please....

and Thank you very much in advance...

Bunjoy

Stephen

12:06
Saturday
1-Dec-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Bunjoy,

I've created an OpenStreetMap map of Dublin for you using the Map Organizer. It contains a large scale (zoom16) map of central Dublin, and a slightly smaller scale (zoom15) map extending to the M50 ring road. Download it from the Map Library page.

Hope it works!

Regards,
Stephen

Bunjoy

13:20
Sunday
2-Dec-2007

Stephen Hi;

Thanks for the swift action and the map aswell, your a great guy...I been practicing map making here myself and was able to make one for around my vicinity only, but anyway thank you very much...My Friend.

Bunjoy

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)