Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / mnea data not saved

Subject:mnea data not saved 

ovindberg

19:05
Sunday
8-Jul-2007

Hi
i have installed this great piece of software on my SE W880i, everything seems to work fine, except saving MNEA data. I can't seem to find any logg files, even though i have set the filename.

Stephen

20:26
Sunday
8-Jul-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

I'm planning to add a 'proper' file selector for the log file, but for the moment you need to make sure the filename is entered *exactly* as it should be stored on the phone, including the drive and folder (but leaving off the file extension).

For example, on my W800i I have created a folder called 'tmjlogs' in the root of the memory card, so the NMEA Log Filename entered into TMJ-Mobile is 'e:/tmjlogs/TMJ log', and the 'Save NMEA log' is set to 'Save with Date'

(Note that the filepath is case sensitive - it needs to be e:/ rather than E:/ on my phone, but I guess this will be the same on your W880i as on my W800i. Also, the tmjlogs folder must already exist - TMJ-Mobile won't create it itself).

This means that every day I get a new log file called (for example) 'TMJ log 2007-7-8.txt' stored in the memory card's 'tmjlogs' folder...

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)