Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / v0.5.0

Subject:v0.5.0 

TDHster

18:01
Saturday
24-Mar-2007

First of all thanks to you, Stephen for new version!

May be options in setting menu "Multiply map view" and "use map cache" turn on by default will be prefer?

TDHster

15:20
Monday
2-Apr-2007

In utf encoding when saving and loading from exported file by tmj all ok (save and then load wpts file) but in Ozi displayed by question.
Seems to be that ozi doesn't understand utf.

Stephen

9:16
Wednesday
4-Apr-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

This is a bit odd - the file import and export functions don't actually use UTF yet - they still assume ISO-8859-1 encoding, so I'm surprised that you've found the saving and loading to work ok! Could it be that the tests you did were only using ISO8859 characters?

markpenders

19:52
Wednesday
4-Apr-2007

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Stephen,

I just had little time to try, but you asked feedback about maploading on Nokia phones: on mine, with 1 map, it worked ok. For my job I'm currently working together with .... TT! Coincidence hey!

Cheers,

Mark.

TDHster

7:13
Thursday
5-Apr-2007

Stephen, maybe you forgot something? ;)))
Saving and loading was in specific symbols ;) it's really working ok.

Stephen

15:31
Thursday
5-Apr-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Thanks for confirming this Mark - I figured it should probably work okay on Nokia. Good luck with TomTom!!

TDHster, I've double checked and this is the code that outputs the file data:
output.write(outStr.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"));
I can only assume that Sony Ericsson phones automatically switch to Unicode irrespective of the character set specified in this command - weird, but if it works, then I'm happy!! :-)

TDHster

9:17
Saturday
7-Apr-2007

Sorry Stephen, I was wrong.
Saving, loading and restart show me my mistake - in waypoint list appear dublicate names some in write encoding and some shoed by question symbols.
Earlier I save and loading without restarting and tmj show me right names from memory.
Sorry..

Stephen

9:56
Monday
9-Apr-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Ok, no worries - I thought it was too good to be true! ;-)

I've added an option to the next version to specifically force import/export in Unicode format - hopefully this will help!

Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)