Thursday
4-Jan-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

I've just released a new update to TMJ-Mobile. Its a bit premature since some of the new features are not quite finished but the previous version expires tomorrow so I figured it was best to release what I've done so far. Bear with me - I should have a more polished version ready in the next week or two. Also, I havent yet updated the user guide with the new features.

Summary of main changes:
- New menu structure. Some screens (Plan, Map, Waypoints and Route) now have a 'context-sensitive' menu, similar to clicking the right mouse button in Windows. This is brought up using the Select2 key.

- Add New Waypoints. You can now add Waypoints directly via the Map and Plan pages. When using the Web/Update Waypoints function any new points will be uploaded and merged with the existing ones.

- Edit Waypoints. Waypoints can be edited and a marker Icon selected (eg, Railway Station, Parking, Church, etc). The are two sizes of waypoint icon (the larger size is currently just an enlargement of the smaller size - I'll be adding higher quality ones shortly). The waypoint type list is not yet finalised - I'll be adding more markers, but let me know if there are any particular ones that you'd like to see included.

- Routes. The new Route page (key 7) allows routes to be created. A route is a bit like a series of linked waypoints. On selecting a routepoint this becomes the current destination. When that point is reached, the next point becomes the new destination, and so on. Routes can be created manually or converted from the current track. (I will be adding support for downloading routes from your TrackMyJourney account shortly).

Enjoy,
Stephen

Stephen

12:41
Friday
5-Jan-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Oops! Had to very quickly release another update (v0.4.5) late last night after realising that I hadn't properly extended the expiry date.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)