Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / where are all those tmj users?

Subject:where are all those tmj users? 

markpenders

12:14
Thursday
28-Dec-2006

Phone Model:
BlackBerry Bold

Just a thought: i would love to see an overview map with all home locations of tmj-users. I'm not sure whether that's allowed according to a privacy rules, but one could make it anonimised.

Cheers,

Mark.

Stephen

12:25
Thursday
28-Dec-2006

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Once there are a few more users I'll probably add something like this - as you say it should be completely anonymous, and only a global overview (ie accurate to perhaps 250km or something equally unidentifiable!!!)

Maverick1

6:04
Tuesday
22-Jul-2008

Hi Stephen, I was trying to find some info on 'Friends' in this forum but it appears that this function is not ready. Is this correct?
I am assuming this thread was of a similar request.

Regards

Stephen

9:56
Tuesday
22-Jul-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Maverick,

If you're referring to the 'Public' options, no this is something I still haven't got around to I'm afraid - its only been a year and a half after all!! ;-)

However, if you're looking for how the Friends page works, heres a quick explanation of how to set it up... (I've also replied to your email off-list with the same info)...

The SETTINGS/Friends and Permissions pages on the website are used to configure exactly who can see your live location and stored tracks. To enable two users to see other on their own phones both parties firstly need to enter the username of the other person into one of the preset Groups on the SETTINGS/Friends page. The SETTINGS/Permissions page is then used to identify what information that 'Group' can have access to. The top section controls the Live information of each device running TMJ-Mobile. Once this is set on both accounts then if each user turns on Web/Enable Upload on the phone, the other persons location will appear on the Waypoints screen and map displays. The bottom section defines which folders/devices stored tracks will be viewable by the other party on their FRIENDS website page (this is read-only).

Hope this helps!

Stephen

Maverick1

10:40
Thursday
24-Jul-2008

Stephen,
Great thanks. It is working extremely well. I just need to see phone to phone working but my son is on a very strict mobile plan so it looks like I might have to chip in for a while. Doesn't matter how old yr kids are, they can still cost LOL

Thoroughly enjoying yr program

rgds

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)