|Subject:||Update - 22 January 2010 - v0.7.3|
No major additions this time, but quite a few small additions and bug fixes.
- Arranged Add/Edit Waypoint screen to fit Name, Location and Description into a single form, now with the added option to enter/edit coordinates in Secondary Coordinates, if set (previously these were output formats only).
- Experimental Sketching functions on Plan/Map Context menu (touchscreen phones only), for sketching lines directly onto the screen. Intended for OSM mapping, quick route creation or measurement of curved paths.
- Added Upload Only method to Waypoint Sync options (uploads any new/changed waypoints to the website without downloading the entire group back to the phone). Also added Upload Automatically option to upload any waypoint changes immediately (when Enable Web is set)
- Further improvements to the Waypoint Syncing code to improve reliability.
- Added Go To Location menu on Plan/Map Context menu, for quickly viewing a different location on the map.
- Added Sort by: Distance from Map Centre option to Vector Map gazetteer and Waypoint lists (in addition to Sorting Alphabetically or by Distance to Current Location)
- Added Lookup Embedded Info/Lookup Timetable option in Vector Map context menu to view related websites in the phone browser. (eg for UK bus-stops, Railway Stations and Tube Stations this links to live timetable info)
- Added Kinetic Energy readout on Text/Navigation screen. (Admittedly largely useless, but occasionally fascinating!)
- Improvements to display of Online Geocoding results, now using the latest CloudMade geocoding API.
- Fixed minor Route display bug which misaligned the white route arrows (when using Online Routing)
- Rearranged Web/Download Route menu to include direct route lookup to existing waypoints
- Added Web/BlackBerry Connection Settings menu (BlackBerry Phones Only)
- Enabled Waypoint Import/Export in Basic Version
- Added Shortcut Menu/Save Temporary Waypoint function that updates the location of one unique waypoint (in response to this thread). The waypoint is identified by the characters ***#*** somewhere in the description - the initial Name, Type and Group may be customised as required.
- New Help menu with Online Support option, which opens a mobile-friendly of this site in the phones browser.
- Added separate Show Buildings display option into Vector Map Style menu
- On Plan screen the Waypoints and Track are now drawn to the backbuffer, slightly speeding up screen rendering.
- Added Set as Current Location option to Map/Plan context menu for quickly updating your location. (Only displays when there is no GPS device connected)
- Added Show on Plan/Map option to Waypoint screen context menu (does the same thing as pressing the [*] key).
- Increased number of customisable Shortcut Keys to 15.
- Added Enable Web and Save Temporary Waypoint options to customisable Shortcut Keys.
Nice new - even if minor - features. Con: all waypoints were deleted, had to reconfigure program from scratch.
" Arranged Add/Edit Waypoint screen to fit Name, Location and Description into a single form, now with the added option to enter/edit coordinates in Secondary Coordinates, if set (previously these were output formats only). "
Would it be somehow possible to add the same option to enter/edit coordinates in other formats on the web site too ... ?
Currently, when I plan a new hiking route, I read the UTM (ED50 Datum) coordinates of the routepoints on a paper hiking map with UTM grid and then use a separate software (GeoTrans) to translate them into lat/lon format before entering them on your web site.
How much would be the effort needed?
Thanks in advance for your feedback,
I won't make any promises for this one, but I've put it on my list of website things-to-do - I agree it would make sense for the coordinate formats to be consistent between the website and phone.
thanks for having put it on your to-do list! I have no hurry (yet) :-)
(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)