Friday
12-Oct-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

v0.8.1 Released

As I keep getting delayed for one reason or another I've decided to just release the current build and see how it goes (it *should* be pretty stable)... I've not yet updated the documentation, but there is only one major addition (at least in development time earlier in the year!), with the rest being mostly bug fixes and small modifications...

Main Addition (Full Version only)

This may not seem like much, and in may ways is completely superfluous and may even be better off in a separate app, but... Since TMJ is all based around finding out where you are on the planet, I figured it wasn't a totally silly idea to get it to also provide info about where the planet itself is...!! So the Gauges page now has a new Solar System gauge which shows the location of the planets around the sun, whilst the Satellites gauge also now shows the planets location in the sky. And the moon too (with phase). The Solar System gauge is zoomable (use [*]/[#]) to show all the 8 major planets distances to scale, or just the inner ones, along with a depiction of the sun's shadow on the earth relative to your current location and latitude (which may need to be studied over days/weeks to see what is happening). The Coordinates screen also now gives very detailed numerical data about the Solar System (objects local rise/set time, brightness, size, etc). I can't guarantee absolute accuracy in the readouts, but in my own comparisons with Wolfram Alpha/HomePlanet/Stellarium it has generally seemed pretty reliable. I'll try and put together some more detailed explanatory notes at some point...

Other Changes

- Web/Find Place menu enhanced to remember the last few search terms for quicker access.

- Vector Map Options/Map Style/English Names if Available: shows the English name of all items on the vector map that have a name:en tag in the OSM data. (Theres not room in the tile files to include every single language, but this should help most Western countries when travelling to the Far- or Middle-East, for example)

- Vector Map Options/Map Style/Show Speed Limit if Available: shows a speed limit symbol on the Plan and Nav pages for roads that have corresponding data entered into OSM.

- GPS/GPS Options/Show GPS Status Symbol option to show a flashing dot in the lower right corner of the screen to help identify the current status of the internal/external GPS device. Green = signal valid, Yellow = GPS working but no current fix (eg indoors, bad reception), Red = GPS device not connected/active.

- Web/Finish Upload before Exit option. If you are transmitting infrequently (eg Transmit Interval > 5 minutes), when you exit TMJ it may not have recently uploaded your current location or track to the website. This option will attempt to finish sending the remaining track/location when exiting the program.

- Course Deviation Indicator (CDI) shown on Compass gauge (only shown when a manually-created Route is active) to help shift ones current location back onto the intended route line. (Previously only the direction to the next routepoint was shown, which is useful but doesn't take account of how much 'off' the current route section you may have strayed).

- As usual many other small/forgettable tweaks, and probably others that I've forgotten to note down... I'll amend this message if I remember them!

I'll update the BlackBerry AppWorld version in due course, but may see if there are any problems first...

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Stephen

jose1711

20:26
Saturday
13-Oct-2012

Phone Model:
bb, e51

thank you for the update!

- you can now also override current profile's navigation mode in POI - navigate to menu

jose1711

9:40
Sunday
14-Oct-2012

Phone Model:
bb, e51

- you can now assign shortcut to web search

jose1711

6:48
Wednesday
24-Oct-2012

Phone Model:
bb, e51

hmm... seems like new track section stopped working in this version, hm :-(

Stephen

11:25
Wednesday
24-Oct-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Jose,

Mmm, I've not noticed anything wrong with this myself - which shortcut are you using to start the new section? Also, what were you doing when you noticed the problem, eg moving along consistently, stationary, inside a building (ie no signal), track paused etc?

Thanks,
Stephen

jose1711

16:05
Saturday
27-Oct-2012

Phone Model:
bb, e51

my bad - should've done more research first. anyway, it seems to make the track segment inside the gpx file but the average speed is not reset and eta recalculated like it was with previous version. jose

Stephen

17:43
Thursday
1-Nov-2012

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Jose,

Can you highlight the steps to recreate this - I've not noticed any problems with this myself... And what has the GPX file got to do with it? (Are you exporting this from the phone or website??)

Cheers,
Stephen

jose1711

19:35
Saturday
3-Nov-2012

Phone Model:
bb, e51

hi stephen,

found the reason why 'new section' actually did nothing. it was the fact that my full version expired and route memory was already exhausted. therefore calculated avg. speed and ETA did not change.

thank you for being patient with me.

regards,

jose

MrTom

19:13
Thursday
8-Nov-2012

Hello Stephen,
   Thanks for the update. Installation in my outdated Blackberry Pearl 8120 was effortless with no issues encountered. Appreciate the addition of the large GPS status indicator. Just what was needed for the the terrain that I hike in. My hiking buddy writes books on the astronomical relationships of the numerous petroglyph's and other Native American Cultural sites found in our area. He has indicated the addition of the Solar System gauge and its corresponding data page will be extremely helpful in is research, especially for on site data recording.
Regards,
Tom

firestorm1

9:18
Monday
1-Feb-2016

Hi Stephen, I just get message that this version expired on 2,12,15. Is there an update? Thanks

kronopio

23:40
Sunday
6-Mar-2016

yeah! I have this same situation.
Is there any way to solve the problem of expiration TMJ?

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)