Forums / General Topics / device freezes

Subject:device freezes 

julianmarks

12:34
Monday
6-Jun-2011

Phone Model:
Blackberry Torch

Fairly regularly, when TMJ is in use, my Blackberry Torch freezes. All buttons, keys and touchscreen fail to respond. I have to remove the battery to reboot the device to get everything working again. Most recently when this happened - just a few minutes ago, I got an error message on the screen: "Uncaught exception: Application TMJMobile 66500V (299) is not responding; process terminated"
Is this a memory leak issue/bug?

Stephen

13:16
Monday
6-Jun-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

It probably is a bug - I've had the odd similar report, though I've not had this happen on my own Torch (or at least not regularly enough for it to become a problem) so haven't been able to get to the bottom of it yet. Some general thoughts:

- Do you have lots of other apps installed, or is your memory usage getting low? (As a comparison, under BlackBerry Options/Device/Storage I have Enable Compression: TICKED, Media Card Support: TICKED, App Memory Free: 249MB, Device Memory Free 3.4GB, Media Card 7.4/1.1GB)

- Set the Map Caching to use the memory card rather than the internal memory. To do this firstly create a TMJCache folder in the root of the memory card (use the phone Explorer to do this). Then use Menu/Settings/Debug Options/Select Map Cache Folder to navigate to and select this folder (make sure you choose the Menu/Use Folder option)

- Clear the track regularly (you can press the [*] key or tap the top left corner of the screen on startup to do this quickly).

- Incidentally, have you noticed whether it only tends to happen if you leave TMJ running on a particular screen? (Or could you look out for this in future)

(By the way, instead of removing the battery, LeftAlt+RightShift+Del is a shortcut to rebooting)...

Any luck?

Cheers,
Stephen

julianmarks

12:29
Friday
17-Jun-2011

Phone Model:
Blackberry Torch

as per my other thread. Map tracking now seems to work just fine. Thanks

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)