Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / ?? Totally Disabling Auto-Tracking??

Subject:?? Totally Disabling Auto-Tracking?? 

MrTom

17:07
Thursday
21-Apr-2011

Hello,
    I have a Blackberry and would like to know how to TOTALLY disable the auto-track feature when desired. Some how my "happy fingers" has enabled it and I cannot seem to disable it.

In Settings>Web Link, I DO NOT have any of the OpenCellID options nor the Send Track or Auto-Adjust update features checked. But whenI use TMJ without a WiFi or phone connection THEN connect to WiFI at a later time the track or location information is automatically sent to TMJ for MY Account .

Any information on Totally disabling this feature would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

Stephen

19:35
Monday
25-Apr-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Tom,

Sorry about the delaying in replying...

If you have unticked Web/Send Track then this should stop the TMJ recorded track from being uploaded to the website, however the live location will still be sent. (I actually forgot to enable in the current version a Web/Send Live Location option, which will allow the live location upload to be disabled. I'll include this in the next version).

One thing to note is that even with Send Track disabled then although the full recorded track wont be uploaded, the website still assembles a rough track from each live update, so to reduce this further set the Transmit Interval to a very slow update (eg 60mins).

Cheers,
Stephen

MrTom

16:51
Tuesday
26-Apr-2011

Thank you

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)