macpanda

15:10
Sunday
25-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
Nokia N95
Sony Ericsson C905

Hi Stephen

What are the chances of adding another info screen to the "Text Information" page? I realise that everyone wants something different, so how about a user defined info page?

Example, when cycling, I'm most interested in speed - should be large like on the situation page. I also want to be able to see time, duration distance (total) and perhaps average speed. This has me moving between Situation, track 2 and track 1. It would be nice to have all of this in one place. On the other hand, someone else may want to see some of this, but perhaps stopwatch instead of duration, or calories used instead of average speed.

A user-defined page with (say) 6 small sections and a larger one would solve everyone's problems (not that they realise yet that they have such problems).

On the other hand, even as it is, it's still a fine piece of software.

Cheers
Paul

ChrisM

21:09
Sunday
25-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
Sony Ericsson W770i, Blackberry Playbook(?)

I think this has been discussed before...
Still a good idea though.

Cheers,

Chris.

Stephen

9:38
Monday
26-Apr-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi guys,

Yeah, the Text page customisation seems to be a recurring request!

There is actually a fair bit of half-finished code in TMJ that I added ages ago to (theoretically) allow customisation of the text pages via the website - I figured it'd be easier to do it this way, rather than bloat TMJ with even more fiddly options! The screen layouts would then be automatically downloaded to the phone when doing (eg) a Waypoint Sync, etc.

The last time I looked into this must be a couple of years ago so I suppose I should really finish it off once and for all! Not sure if it'll make it into the next version, but will see how it goes...

Cheers,
Stephen

ALEXSZN

7:45
Monday
3-May-2010

Phone Model:
SE K750i

Hi Stephen,
I think, another feature would be useful – preventing of screen saver to activate. Now I can choose between two options: backlight on/off. During sunny day backlight on is quite unnecessary in many situations but when I set backlight off handset’s screen saver activates… (see the picture below)

http://pokazywarka.pl/r08pwh/

Stephen

21:37
Monday
3-May-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately this isn't something that TMJ can control - on the K800 the clock screensaver automatically comes on once the backlight goes off, and it doesn't fully support the backlight brightness control (like most other Sony Ericssons I've tested it only responds to backlight=0% or backlight=100%). This could otherwise be used to reduce the brightness down to around 5% to help save some battery, while ensuring that the display doesn't switch to the screensaver.

You could try reducing the backlight brightness in the phone settings (Menu/Settings/Display/Brightness), although on my W910 this has a minimum setting of 50% so is still brighter than necessary...

Cheers,
Stephen

ALEXSZN

5:34
Wednesday
5-May-2010

Phone Model:
SE K750i

Hi Stephen,

on the K800 it's possible to do it. A use another program which can control backlight, so I can observe it every day - it just works...
I think it has no connection with brightness. Probably the program emulates key strokes on the phone to prevent screen saver to activate.

Cheers,
Adrian

Stephen

17:50
Wednesday
5-May-2010

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Adrian (sorry about using the wrong name above!)

Mmmm, I still can't think how that other program does it (I assume it was another J2ME app?). As far as I know its not possible to emulate key strokes from J2ME and there are no standard APIs for controlling the screen display, except for the 'Nokia UI API' (as used in TMJ), which is also partly supported by Sony Ericsson and other manufacturers. Puzzling... !

Cheers,
Stephen

ALEXSZN

19:36
Thursday
6-May-2010

Phone Model:
SE K750i

Hi Stephen,
Yes, it's J2ME app. Hint: on K750 it doesn't work, so there is a difference between them.

Cheers,
Adrian

PS.
Alex it's my nick :)

yano

9:05
Tuesday
13-Sep-2011

Phone Model:
SE K610i

Hi Stephen!

" Hi guys,

Yeah, the Text page customisation seems to be a recurring request!

There is actually a fair bit of half-finished code in TMJ that I added ages ago to (theoretically) allow customisation of the text pages via the website - I figured it'd be easier to do it this way, rather than bloat TMJ with even more fiddly options! The screen layouts would then be automatically downloaded to the phone when doing (eg) a Waypoint Sync, etc.

The last time I looked into this must be a couple of years ago so I suppose I should really finish it off once and for all! Not sure if it'll make it into the next version, but will see how it goes...

Cheers,
Stephen "

Any progress about the issue above? Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

Cheers,
yano

Stephen

18:22
Sunday
18-Sep-2011

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Yano,

Apologies for the delay in replying (I've been away)...

Well its been another year since my post above (!), but I've just had a look at the unfinished website code and I think I should probably finally get this working, will try and have something ready in the next week or so...

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)