Forums / General Topics / SE W890 + TJM 0.6.9

Subject:SE W890 + TJM 0.6.9 

thoka

9:59
Friday
21-Aug-2009

Phone Model:
W890i

Hi, I've been using earlier versions of TJM with my W890i (external GPS via cable), and it have worked perfect. Today I upgraded to the latest version 0.6.9 and now it stalls at "Loading preferences". Does anybody know why? I read another forum post that it could have something to do with JSR 82, but I've checked the props for the W890 and it includes the Bluetooth JSR 82, so it's not the issue.

Please help me, needs this application on my bike-vacation this weekend. :)

Stephen

10:33
Friday
21-Aug-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi,

The W890 looks to be almost identical internally to my W910i, so it *should* work fine. Which version did you download? Try the standard JP8 version (not the JP8+GPS one), making sure you uninstall the existing version first.

(The previous forum post referred to the V800, which is a much older phone - yours shouldn't have any problems with the JSR-82 stuff...)

Any luck?

Cheers,
Stephen

thoka

10:52
Friday
21-Aug-2009

Phone Model:
W890i

Hi Stephen,

Yes that is correct, they are running on the same platform, and are almost identical, which is why I've downloaded the W910i version of TJM. It SHOULD work, and it did with the 0.6.9 version, but now it is stalling with 0.6.9, and I'm just curious of which changes have been made to the application since 0.6.7. It was the standard JP-8 verison I downloaded. First time I replaced 0.6.7 with 0.6.9, but when it didn't work I uninstalled the TJM entirely and re-installed it, but same thing with the stalling.

Is there any way to get an earlier version of TJM? I would like to re-test with 0.6.7 (or perhaps 0.6.8) and see if it works with those older versions. I'm only using TJM when I'm driving my motorbike, so I haven't had the application running for over a year.

Any more suggestions? :) Thanks!

Thobias

Stephen

12:20
Friday
21-Aug-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Thobias,

Must admit I'm a bit stumped by this one - I can't think of any obvious reason why it should do this on your phone. You might try the following though:

- Fully reboot the phone (and remove the battery for a few seconds)
- Check that there is sufficient memory free on the phone and memory card.
- Check that the Application Permissions for TMJ are all set to Allowed or at least 'Ask Once'.

Also, does pressing the [*] key do anything. Normally on the start-up screen there is a tiny pixel that moves along the very bottom of the screen. If you hold a key down does this move? (It is simply there to help confirm whether the app is still responding or has completely frozen).

I've sent you v0.6.7 off-list, although bear in mind that it will expire in a few weeks time, if it even works...!

Cheers,
Stephen

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)