macpanda

20:38
Wednesday
5-Aug-2009

Phone Model:
Nokia N95
Sony Ericsson C905

Hi All

I've had my first experience of a GPX track that has a ridiculous trackpoint in it. Does anyone know of a tool for removing anomalous trackpoints? There are a couple in this track, and I would have had to cycle 175mph to get to them and back again. I struggle to get over 20mph on the flat, and 40 downhill with a fair wind.

Cheers
Paul

Stephen

20:57
Wednesday
5-Aug-2009

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

Hi Paul,

Pretty good going!

Are the points in a GPX log, TMJ on the phone, or TMJ on the website?

If on the phone then use the Visualisation [8] or Graph [9] page to find the erroneous points then delete them via the context menu. On the website there is the Track/Data page to do the same thing.

A GPX track is a bit more fiddly as it (probably) doesn't have the speed info included so its not so easy to find the dodgy points. You could try importing it to the website, then use the Track/Map or Data page to find the time of the points in question, then match these with the original GPX file in a text editor and delete the entire <trkpt>...</trkpt> line. (Or just edit them on the website and re-save the GPX file)...

Cheers,
Stephen

macpanda

21:18
Wednesday
5-Aug-2009

Phone Model:
Nokia N95
Sony Ericsson C905

Excellent - yet another useful tool on the web site. Judging by the position on the map, it looks like the GPS was bored whilst I was sat in the pub garden, and must have gone off by itself. Must keep a better eye on it.

Thanks Stephen.

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)