28-Oct-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

v0.6.4 Released

(FAIRLY) MINOR CHANGES:

- Added 'SITUATION' and 'STOPWATCH' Text pages with new calculator-style large fonts.

- Added Stopwatch 'Average Speed' readout and split Navigation page into individual NAVIGATION and WAYPOINTS pages.

- Fixed keyboard KC keycode bug in 'Show Debug Info' detail, also fixed 'Clear Track and Route' [*] shortcut on startup (was broken in v0.6.3).

- New Stopwatch option 'Menu/Tools/Stopwatch/Action on Exit' defines whether: 1) the stopwatch should keep running in the background when the program is exited, 2) whether it should be paused (and continue running next time the program is run), or 3) Stop running.

- Fixed minor typo in Waypoints GPX Export function.

- Added 'FlipInsensitive: True' option to Motorola JAD file to allow program to continue running when Motorola clamshell-style phones are closed.

Cheers,
Stephen

gpsnavigator

10:58
Saturday
8-Nov-2008

" Added 'SITUATION' and 'STOPWATCH' Text pages with new calculator-style large fonts. "

Very nice.

" New Stopwatch option 'Menu/Tools/Stopwatch/Action on Exit' defines whether: 1) the stopwatch should keep running in the background when the program is exited, 2) whether it should be paused (and continue running next time the program is run), or 3) Stop running. "

Please also add option to reset the stopwatch on exit.

Another thought, could you make the 0 action key dependent on what screen is shown so as to define multiple actions for the key? I'd like to use it for both start/stop stopwatch as well as pause track track recording.

Stephen

15:29
Sunday
9-Nov-2008

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

" Please also add option to reset the stopwatch on exit. "
Will do...

" Another thought, could you make the 0 action key dependent on what screen is shown so as to define multiple actions for the key? I'd like to use it for both start/stop stopwatch as well as pause track recording "

To be honest I think it might get a bit confusing if different pages have different zero-key actions.

However, I'm adding further shortcuts into the next version whereby other unused phone keys can be mapped to different actions in the same way as the current zero-key shortcuts. It will depend on your handset as to whether there are any free keys available (the main ones are obviously already taken, eg cursor keys, fire, left select, right select, numbers etc), but most phones should have at least a couple spare...

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)