Forum: General Topics

Forums / General Topics / Problems exiting TMJ-mobile

Subject:Problems exiting TMJ-mobile 

wojsyl

19:20
Thursday
13-Sep-2007

Since I upgraded to 0.5.4 I'm occasionally experiencing problems exiting TMJ-mobile. Upon pressing "9" (exit) in the main menu it simply says "Exiting TMJ-Mobile Please wait ..." and seems to be doing nothing. Other times it exits all right. It never happened with 0.5.2 to me. Anyone else had this ? Thanks.

wojsyl

19:24
Thursday
13-Sep-2007

P.S. It does not really "hang". The application seems to be running behind the "please wait" window. It seems this happens after a longer use, but I've not been able to find the exact conditions of when it exits all right and when it does not so far.

Stephen

20:23
Friday
14-Sep-2007

Phone Model:
BB 9800 Torch
BlackBerry 8900
SE W910i
Nokia 5800

I'll look into this - which handset are you using by the way? When it does this how do you eventually get it to end - do you have to completely reset the phone? And when you then restart the program is the previous track still recorded up to the point where you tried to exit?

Thanks,
Stephen

wojsyl

6:57
Saturday
15-Sep-2007

It is SE K600. I have to reset the phone. I'll try to reproduce the sequence that leads to this behaviour. I suspect it has something to do with when/how I connect to GPS. Yesterday I've seen TMJ reporting it is BT connected to GPS but zero satellites, I don't know why. I probably wrongly thought it was a receiver problem (Holux M-1000) and I reset it but it did not help. Then I had the problems exiting TMJm. I'll need to see if this happens again in similar circumstances and will report. Many thanks.

wojsyl

7:55
Saturday
13-Oct-2007

It still happens occasionally but is non-deterministic so far. One theory I had was that this happens when I have a larger number of waypoints loaded, but again, not always.

wojsyl

16:48
Thursday
18-Oct-2007

OK, I believe I've collected enough evidence to believe this is bound to the waypoints.
I'm using TMJ-mobile 0.5.4 on SE K600i.
Normally, I have "connect GPS" and "enable upload" set on when starting the app.
When I have a larger (some 400+) number of waypoints loaded,
the TMJ-mobile does not connect to GPS upon start. I also cannot
connect "manually". I don't know the program's internals but it seems
as if the waypoint importing thread gets stuck. Otherwise the program seems
to work, however I cannot exit it. I can only kill the program or restart the phone.

The way around this is to flush the waypoints ("clear waypoints"), kill the program,
start it again, connect to GPS and then read the waypoints file again.

I think someone else already reported having similar problem and not being
able to exit TMJ-mobile 0.5.4. Can you confirm that you had waypoints preloaded
as well ?

I'm happy to supply the one of the waypoint files that I'm experiencing the problem with.

Many thanks.

oldgeek

12:13
Sunday
18-Nov-2007

I have the 8300 and if I enable the check mark on "Enable Upload on Start" it will cause the same situation, it just hangs on exit but I can click my trackball and I get 1 option, "close" and that forces it to close.
Hope this helps

(You must be logged in to post a reply to this thread)